DIRECTOR OF THE MOREDUN RESEARCH INSTITUTE AND CEO OF THE MOREDUN GROUP
Closing date: 30th June 2023
The Moredun Group is seeking to recruit a full-time Director of the Moredun Research Institute and Chief Executive officer (CEO) of the Moredun Group to lead, direct and take responsibility for all aspects of activities related to the Moredun Group’s Strategic Plan.
Moredun is committed to promoting livestock health and welfare through research and education and is recognised worldwide for its contribution to find solutions to combat infectious diseases of livestock. Formed by farmers for farmers, Moredun has strong connections with the livestock agricultural community and is very active in Knowledge Exchange to ensure that the research arising from the Moredun Research Institute is useful to the livestock industry.
The Moredun Foundation has an extensive and active membership base within the livestock industry and develops and delivers a variety of outreach programs, resources and commercial activities working collaboratively with a wide range of stakeholders.
You will be managing the resources of the Moredun Group in consultation with Moredun Boards and the Group Finance Director, including accountability, budgeting, auditing, and risk registers.
Leading the scientific direction, Chair senior management meetings, report to Moredun Board meetings, interact with funding bodies and major stakeholders and oversee regulatory areas including Health and Safety and Quality.
Leading in approaches to increasing research and development income of the Moredun Research Institute.
- You will have a relevant scientific undergraduate degree (biological/animal/livestock/veterinary science), and a postgraduate degree (PhD) in relevant scientific discipline.
- You will also have extensive knowledge of research, development and commercialisation with reference to the scientific aims and objectives described in the Moredun Group’s Strategic Plan.
In addition to access to training and development opportunities, you will access to:
- Competitive pension scheme – employee contribution minimum 3%. Moredun will contribute up to a maximum of 15%.
- Group Life Assurance Scheme and an Income Protection Scheme
- 6 weeks annual leave plus 7 days public holidays and a privilege day
- Free access to an Employee Assistance Programme
- Benefits platform offering discounts at various retailers
The Moredun Group operates a number of policies including access to a family healthcare scheme and flexible working arrangements.
We are committed to creating a positive and inclusive environment, respecting equality and diversity and encouraging good relations. We welcome applications from people irrespective of their age, sex, religion or belief, race, disability or sexual orientation.
Further details will be provided on application. Each applicant will be sent an information pack. For further details, contact Jill.Hodgson@Moredun.ac.uk
How to apply
To apply, please complete the application form and email the completed form along with your CV to Jill.Hodgson@moredun.ac.uk.