Here at Penmellyn Vets, we are looking for an experience Equine Veterinary Surgeon to join our team. An interest in lameness and/or dentistry (advanced dentistry) would be a bonus, but not essential. For the right candidate there would be the opportunity to develop a surgical caseload with referral from surrounding IVC practices.
We are happy to accept applications from Vets wishing to work full time, part time or flexible hours. Full time is 40 hours a week over 4 days with a 1:7/8 commitment to the OOH rota (evenings and weekends) which is shared with a neighbouring IVC equine practice.
The salary will be up to £63,000 depending on experience.
Penmellyn currently has full in-patient, theatre, hospital, and isolation facilities. We are fully equipped with mobile DR, ultrasound, gastro and endoscope, powers floats and arthroscopy at the clinic. The hospital is based in beautiful mid Cornwall, only a short driving distance of gorgeous beaches and countryside. Newquay airport is less than 10 minutes’ drive away.
We have a dedicated team of 4.75 Equine Vets, including an internal medicine certificate holder who is also one of the Clinical Directors of Penmellyn. We also have dedicated Equine Nurses, Administrators and Grooms. We’re a very social, close-knit equine team that have regular social events including quizzes, balls, dog walks, surfing, BBQs, theatre trips, to name a few and the equine snack drawer is always full when you need it!
We are looking for an Equine Veterinary Surgeon that is more than 2 years qualified. The successful candidate will have experience in lameness and dentistry and although this isn’t essential, it will be a bonus. Must be MRCVS and hold a full UK driving license.
Because our employee’s matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from -
- 6.6 weeks annual leave
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Private medical insurance
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Non-accidental injury support
- £1750 CPD allowance with 5 days paid pro rata
- Certificate support
- Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
- All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- BVA membership
- VDS cover
- RCVS fees
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Discounted staff pet care
- Relocation allowance up to £3000
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch.
Please quote BH9157 when applying for this role.
To apply, please send your CV to Maizie via Apply Now or call 07977 245242 for more information.