Small Animal Veterinary Surgeon required at Blaircourt Veterinary Clinic
Blaircourt Pet Clinic have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Small Animal Veterinary Surgeon to join their team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the day-to-day organisation and quality of service provided to clients reporting any issues directly to the Practice Manager.
- Examine animals and check their health status
- Diagnose illnesses and determine the best treatment
- Dress wounds of injured animals
- Perform dental, ophthalmic, and orthopaedic surgeries
- Vaccinate animals to prevent diseases
- Spay and neuter cats and dogs as needed
- Prescribe medication
- Advise pet owners on nutrition, preventive healthcare, and general care
- Update client records
- Ensure staff maintain clinical hygiene in all areas
The position is for 5 days per week, 9 am to 5 pm Monday to Friday, with no out-of-hours or weekend work.
The salary for this role is up to £63,000 depending on experience.
This practice is based in Woodham Ferrers, situated 6 miles from Chelmsford City Centre, within 30 minutes of Stansted Airport and 30 minutes by train to London. The large affluent city of Chelmsford boasts historic architecture, is surrounded by picturesque countryside and is within easy reach of pretty coastal towns and beaches.
Our busy practice provides excellent facilities and a comprehensive range of additional services including digital x-ray, ultrasound, ECG, soft tissue, and orthopaedic surgery. You will be exposed to a varied and interesting caseload and able to establish excellent relationships with our long-standing clientele.
As a qualified MRCVS, the candidate will ideally already have good experience gained in small animal practice, as well as:
- Be competent in clinical examination and surgery and confident working in sole charge
- Be able to promote and share values of being trustworthy, caring, and progressive, and will also have all the softer skills essential to working effectively, and building trusting relationships with colleagues and clients alike
- Display excellent communication skills and the desire to share your knowledge and skills by being an outstanding, positive example to others
Because our employees matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from -
- 6.6 weeks annual leave
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Private medical insurance
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Non-accidental injury support
- £1,500 CPD allowance with 5 days paid pro rata
- Certificate support
- Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
- All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- BVA membership
- VDS cover
- RCVS fees
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Discounted staff pet care
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch and quote reference BH9134.
To apply, please send your CV to Taylor via Apply Now or call 07856 426902 for more information.