Come and join our friendly, dynamic team here at Forest Veterinary Group!
We have a part-time and a full-time vacancy available for a Veterinary Surgeon. We recognise that everyone has different areas of interest and can accommodate this into your working day.
The rota will include working 30 hours per week over 3 days from 8:30am- 6:30pm. Saturdays are on a rota from 9:00am-12:00pm with no out of hours.
The salary for this role will be up to £65,000 depending on experience.
Here at Forest Vets, we value our team, and everyone becomes part of the Forest family. We are a small animal practice with two sites, focused on providing compassionate, high-quality care for both our clients and patients and can offer you the clinical freedom to work up your cases and care for your patients as you see best.
Our Clinical Directors and Senior Vets each have over 20 years’ experience all with different interests.
Our practice is well-equipped with a brand-new ultrasound, digital x-ray, an endoscope and an in-house lab. We are situated in South Wales 45 minutes from the stunning Brecon Beacons, and 40 minutes from the beautiful area of outstanding natural beauty - the Gower coast.
Our team consists of 4 Veterinary Surgeons, 7 Registered Veterinary Nurses, 1 Student Veterinary Nurse, 3 Animal Nursing Assistants, 6 Receptionists and 1 Practice Manager. We have a strong nursing team, all with an amazing ‘can do’ attitude where nothing is too much trouble. There is a great team spirit, with a team constantly striving to be better.
Our management team actively encourage the team to develop, and fully support career development so if you are looking to take on a certificate this will be supported.
Why not pop in for a cuppa, meet the team and see for yourself!
Because our employees matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from -
- 6.6 weeks annual leave
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Private medical insurance
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Non-accidental injury support
- £1500 CPD allowance
- Certificate support
- Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
- All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- BVA membership
- VDS cover
- RCVS fees
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Discounted staff pet care
- Relocation allowance
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch.
Please quote BH9125 when applying for this role.
To apply, please send your CV to Nicola via Apply Now or call 07977 242410 for more information.