Head Veterinary Nurse has become available in this small animal hospital in Axminster. With a salary of up to £38,000, career development opportunities and no OOHs allowing for a fantastic work-life balance!
The team at this tier 3 small animal hospital are looking forward to welcoming a new Head Nurse to their team. Made up of over 50 members of staff from 12 Vets, 12 RVNs, a team of SVNs, ANAs, as well as administrative and reception teams. Although the practice is large, the team are very close-knit, supportive, friendly and enjoy activities outside of work from fund-raising for charities to social events.
The practice itself is large and well-equipped, with facilities such as a imaging and dental suite, 2 theatres, separate cattery and kennels, internal labs, pharmacy, endoscopes, digital x-ray, ct scanner and orthopaedic equipment allowing for the highest level of care to patients.
The team is seeking an experience RVN to join their team and help with the mentoring of the nursing team and ensuring the smooth running of the practice. The ideal candidate would have experience running a team and will have fantastic communication skills to be able to work with the different team members from clinical directors and practice manager to the RVNs and SVNs.
This role is a full time 40 hour per week position, with no OOHs and a salary potential of up to £38,000, depending on experience and qualifications allowing for job satisfaction as well as a great work-life balance.
- Training and mentoring the nursing team
- Developing skills and standards
- Leading the nursing team by example
- Organising schedules and rotas
- Ensuring clinical standards are at the highest levels
- Assisting with HR processes
- Motivating the Nursing team
- Good communications skills to engage team
- Liaising with the different departments from management from the practice managers to clinical directors to ensure a seamless process for clients
Package and Benefits
- Salary of up to £38,000
- 6.6 Weeks holiday increasing after a period of time
- Private medical insurance
- RCVS fees paid
- VDS cover
- Certificate support
Key Skills, Qualifications and Client Requirements
- Registered on the RCVS as a Veterinary Nurse
- Eligible to work in the UK
- 3+ Years' experience working as a RVN
- Experience leading a team ideal
What Happens Next?
If you are interested in finding out more about this Veterinary Job please click the 'Apply' button. On submission of the job application form, an email alert is sent to the specialist consultant handling this role to register your interest.
All dialogue with us is in the strictest of confidence, without any obligation and we will NOT send your details to the relevant practice without your consent.
Alternatively, to find out more about this role or any other roles that maybe relevant, you can email us at email@example.com or call our Veterinary team on 01423 813453