Registered Veterinary Nurse required at Lawrie Veterinary Group, Falkirk
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Registered Veterinary Nurse to join our friendly and supportive team here at Lawrie Vets, Falkirk!
At Lawrie, no two days will be the same, but some duties will include: nurse consults, inpatient monitoring and treatments, anaesthetic monitoring and assisting with minor procedures and dentals.
Full or part-time hours would be considered, and we can accommodate flexible shift patterns to suit the individual candidate. Weekends are covered on a rota basis which is typically one in every five weeks. No OOH.
Salary for the role is up to £29,000 depending on experience.
The Lawrie Vet Group is a busy small animal and exotic practice with well-established branches in Cumbernauld and Falkirk. We are expanding into another premises in Falkirk, with an additional branch practice in Boness. Our new Falkirk branch will become a Healthy Pet Centre as a unique and exciting addition to our brand. We have a varied and interesting first-opinion and referral caseload, especially when it comes to our exotic animal patients.
About the Team and Culture
Our dedicated, hard-working team is currently made up of 12 vets, 13 nurses, 3 SVNs, 4 ACAs, 9 receptionists and 2 practice managers - all with a wide array of interests and talent. We have vet and nurse certificate holders in varied disciplines including exotics, opthalmology, dermatology, surgery and dentistry. We are keen to support our teams to develop in their own areas of interest and skill and are looking for RVNs who want to be part of a supportive and motivated environment.
We are looking for a Registered Veterinary Nurse who is dedicated to providing excellent care to animals and their owners. Experience is preferred but new graduate would also be considered as we can provide lots of support and training as needed.
Because our employees matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from –
- 6.6 weeks annual leave
- Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Private Medical Insurance
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing, including discounted gym membership
- Non-accidental injury support
- £550 CPD allowance with 24hrs paid pro rata
- Certificate support
- Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
- All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Pension 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Discounted staff pet care
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch.
Quote BH9097 when applying for this role.
To apply, please send your CV to Margaret via Apply Now or call 07977 242572 for more information.