Clinical Director required at Bourne Veterinary Practice
We are looking for a Clinical Director to join our team here at Bourne Veterinary Practice. Your day to day duties will include but are not limited to – Supporting a team of 4 vets, welcoming graduates if required, clinical work such as surgery and consultations, overseeing high clinical standards, managing the vets rota, making clinical decisions and working closely with the practice manager to achieve goals and objectives.
Other duties may include -
- Ensure that staff are given appropriate leadership, guidance, development and appraisal.
- Ensure all Health and Safety policies are adhered to within the Practice.
- Be responsible for the financial performance of the Practice including the achievement of the EBITDA as set out in the Practice Budget and Business Plan, working towards a Vet: Sales ratio of 4.5x.
- Be responsible for the clinical staff rotas.
- Attend and participate in IVC meetings as requested.
- Communicate regularly with your Business Support Manager under the guidelines of Clinical Director Powers and Authorities.
Clinical management duties
- Ensure practice achieves and maintains RCVS Practice Standards Scheme registration.
- Set the clinical objectives aligned with IVC Clinical guidelines and the ‘What does good look like’ standards.
- Comply with the legal obligations in relation to prescription, safe keeping and supply of Veterinary medicinal products.
- Ensure that all client complaints are handled sensitively and in accordance with the IVC Complaints Policy.
- Ensure that referrals to specialist vets are made appropriately and that wherever appropriate within the IVC referrals network.
- Promote clinical best practice and encourage peer review of cases.
- Apply and follow all IVC policies and procedures relating to HR.
- Promote wellbeing within your practice.
- Recruit, manage and discipline staff in accordance with IVC policies and procedures.
- Review pay of all staff on an annual basis in accordance with IVC policy.
- For all staff ensure the following: Right to work checks are carried out, Employment contracts are in place, Up to date Job Descriptions are issued, Appraisals actioned at least once a year.
- Ensure that Vets and Nurses within your practice carry out CPD to develop themselves and the practice.
- Promoting and supporting Diversity and Inclusion within your practice.
You will be required to work 40 hours a week but this is flexible and can be done over 4-5days. Currently it is worked Monday 9-5pm (Admin) and Tues-Thurs 8.30-7.30pm (Clinical). There is a weekend rota which you will be required to work, the opening hours are 9-5pm Saturday only and this is a 1 in 4 rota. There are no out of hours work required with this role.
Salary for this role is up to £72,000 depending on experience.
Relocation allowance up to £5,000.
Golden hello of £2,000.
Our practice is set in a beautiful rural location with beautiful countryside views. We have some quaint little shops and a coffee shop on our doorstep with plenty of free off road parking. Although we are rural, we are only 10 minutes from Canterbury city centre, have good travel links to Dover and London and local train links.
The practice itself has 4 consultation rooms in our main clinic with a large open fully equipped internal prep/laboratory area, endoscopy, ultrasound, digital and dental radiography, dental suite, theatre, and kennels. We also have a separate cat theatre suite, prep area and kennels adjoining the main prep area and alongside this we are very lucky to have an entire separate cat clinic which has its own reception, waiting room, 2 consultation rooms and prep area, all next to our main clinic.
Also on site is our hydrotherapy unit, consisting of a water treadmill, a separate consultation room and a large training room which we use for puppy classes, lunch and learns and meetings. We find both the separate cat clinic and the hydrotherapy unit are brilliant unique selling points of the practice as well as our peaceful location.
About the Team and Culture
We are a well bonded team of 4 vets, 11 nurses, 1 animal nursing assistant, 5 receptionists and a practice manager. Some of the team have been at the practice since it opened 17 years ago.
Whilst we do not currently have any certificate holders at the practice we do have a few visiting specialists – cardiology, orthopaedics and ultrasonography.
Currently we work with some local charities in the community such as dogs trust, guide dogs, RSPCA, and Cats Protection. From supporting animals in foster care to running microchipping and neutering days with Cats Protection and the RSPCA.
We are seeking a highly experienced Veterinary Surgeon that can deliver -
- A positive can-do attitude
- Excellent bedside manner
- Passionate about what we do
- You will need to be a strong team player and communicator as well as have a good sense of humour to fit in with our caring, family like team and be able to provide excellent customer service.
Because our employees matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from -
- 6.6 weeks annual leave
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Private medical insurance
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Non-accidental injury support
- £1,250 CPD allowance with 5 days paid pro rata
- Certificate support
- Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
- All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- BVA membership
- VDS cover
- RCVS fees
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Discounted staff pet care
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch and quote reference BH9088.
To apply, please send your CV to Bartosz via Apply Now or call 07977 242349 for more information.