Veterinary Surgeon - Relocation allowance up to £5000
- Dragon Vets (Chelvets)
- Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, GL50 4SH
- up to £65,000 depending on experience.
- Closing date
- 30 Apr 2023
- Companion / Small animal
- Veterinary Surgeon
- Contract Type
Here at Dragon Vets we are looking for a Veterinary Surgeon to join our team. We are seeking a Vet with experience for a varied small animal role across the Dragon group of practices.
The rota will include working 4 days a week, with one weekend worked each month (9:00am-7:00pm) at our in-house after-hours service which is followed by 3 days off. No night duties and no on-call is required.
The salary will be up to £65,000 depending on experience.
Dragon Vets is located in the heart of Cheltenham, renowned for horse racing, festivals (Jaz, literature and music) and a thriving bar/restaurant scene. Dragon Vets provide high-end first opinion care for our clients and host an out-of-hours service for most of the practices locally.
You will have access to hi-tech equipment including a GE 16-slice CT, high quality Doppler ultrasound (GE) with a wide range of abdominal and cardiac probes, multiple multi-parameter monitors, rigid and flexible videoendoscopy and full lab facilities including blood gas with training provided as required. We are lucky to host our own fully staffed OOH on-site meaning that patients do not need to be transferred elsewhere for overnight care.
We are looking for an experienced vet that is looking to develop their niche within a supportive environment. We are a team of 25 Vets (17 FTE) and 27 (22 FTE) Nurses. We are a busy first opinion practice, regularly performing referral level work such as TPLO's, thoracotomies and imaging such as CT, laparoscopic surgery, videoendoscopy and echocardiography.
We have several RCVS Advanced practitioners in small animal surgery, cardiology and internal medicine and our nurses hold qualifications in nutrition, ECC and behaviour.
We have a total of 5 practices across Cheltenham and we also work closely with the Cheltenham Animal shelter, which is a charity, providing support for rehomed patients.
The ideal candidate will have experience in dealing with routine medical, surgical, and emergency presentations, and be looking to take their career to the next level. We encourage all our staff to make the most of our equipment and expertise and fully support and encourage post-graduate training.
Because our employee’s matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from -
- 6.6 weeks annual leave
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Private medical insurance
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Non-accidental injury support
- £1250 CPD allowance with 40 hours paid pro rata
- Certificate support
- Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
- All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- BVA membership
- VDS cover
- RCVS fees
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Discounted staff pet care
- Relocation allowance up to £5000
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch.
Please quote BH8821 when applying for this role.
To apply, please email your CV to Hannah via the APPLY button or call 07816202696 for more information.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert