Our Award-Winning Two-Year Graduate Development Programme - North East
- Vets for Pets
- North East England
- a starting salary of £34,000
- Closing date
- 29 Apr 2023
- Companion / Small animal
- Veterinary Surgeon
- Contract Type
Get practice ready with Vets4Pets/Companion Care in one of our North East surgeries.
Our award-winning two-year Graduate Development Programme takes you from vet school to veterinary practice.
With a starting salary of £34,000 and locations across the UK we’re open for applications NOW!
Our Programme was designed by vets with extensive practice and industry experience, to give new graduates the best possible start. As well as helping you develop your medical and surgical skills, our comprehensive training covers softer skills like communication and teamwork.
With more than 440 small animal practices, you’ll train on the job with experienced veterinary partners, at a pace that works for you. We’ll find you a role that fits you, in terms of location, support and culture fit. And, with Vets4Pets and Companion Care practices of all shapes and sizes across the country, there’s a perfect place for everyone.
The North East is rich in contemporary culture, historic sites, world heritage sites and dramatic landscapes, all within easy reach of Newcastle International Airport.
The cities and towns of Newcastle, Sunderland, Durham, Middlesborough and York have plenty to offer from spectacular coastlines, hidden coves, islands rich in wildlife and a fascinating heritage, the region is waiting to be explored.
Whether it’s a busy or quieter lifestyle you’re looking for this area is suited to all, along with our family feel practices, you’ll have the opportunity to join a close-knit community throughout the area.
Pets just see people. And, just like pets, we embrace everyone’s differences. We work to break down barriers, attract and develop diverse talent, and create a culture that allows everyone to be the best they can be.
With our support and emphasis on your wellbeing, you can realise and maintain your full potential in an environment that encourages a healthy work/life balance too.
You’ll be supported from day one by a dedicated mentor/VetGDP Advisor, as well as the Graduate Team and online by 1,300+ Vets within our clinical community. You’ll also be able to take paid leave to attend the tailored CPD events we hold. The high-quality events we deliver as part of the programme include Practical Dentistry, Soft Tissue Surgery, Cardiology, Ophthalmology, Emergency Surgery, and more.
As you build your confidence in caring for pets and their owners, you’ll grow your own client base and see the continuity of cases with the support of your wider team. You won’t be in sole charge of cases until you’re ready and better still, when you’ve finished the programme there’s a career waiting for you, either with the practice you trained at or within our wider community.
As standard we offer all the benefits you’d expect from a major employer (pension, healthcare, paid memberships, life insurance, competitive salary etc.) plus a few more!
- 2-year programme, no financial/contractual tie-ins
- Holiday allowance starting at 28 days and increasing with long service
- Guaranteed starting salary of at least £34,000 rising after each year on Programme
- RCVS, BVA and VDS membership
- Exclusive lifestyle and shopping discounts with up to 30% off at Pets at Home, PetPlan insurance discount, cycle to work scheme and more
- 10-12 paid CPD days (clinical & non-clinical) per year
- Dedicated VetGDP Advisor in practice
- Access to wellbeing support and free membership of wellbeing app
- Access to grants for further development – incentive awarding grants of up to £1000 to support with on-going development beyond the Graduate Development Programme
- Relocation and Immigration support for overseas candidates - relocation packages from within or outside the UK, including visa sponsorship if wanted (we’re an A+ rated sponsor).
- Support with practice transfer should the need arise
- Phased approach to sole charge duties
- Plus, lots more!
Benefit from better practice all round. To find out more and to apply, visit our careers site on https://www.vets4petscareers.com/our-graduate-programme/ or contact Cagla by emailing email@example.com
As the Companion Care Vets and Vets for Pets network of surgeries grow, we are continually looking for great people to come and be part of our exciting team. We have permanent employment opportunities available whether you are interested applying for a vet surgeon, vet nurse, administration or reception position.
At Companion Care and Vets for Pets we are very proud to have superb surgeries and wonderful opportunities to help develop your career. It’s by recruiting, rewarding and training the very best people, and by working together as a team, that we have grown to what we are today!
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert