Small Animal Vet-Edinburgh - New Grad or Experienced Vets apply!
- Red Sector Recruitment
- £35,000 - £80,000+
- Closing date
- 16 Apr 2023
- Companion / Small animal, Exotic / Zoo animal
- Veterinary Surgeon
- Contract Type
- Full-time, Part-time
We have a fantastic opportunity for a small animal vet to come and join our experienced, enthusiastic and vibrant team at Craigleith Vets4Pets, Edinburgh.
- Salary £38-50K
- Experienced team with a variety of clinical interests
- Opportunity for clinical progression
- Protected admin time, 30 min consults, weekly clinical meeting’s and paid overtime
We have an excellent opportunity for a small animal vet to join us! We are a hard-working and supportive team made up of 2 vets (one with a certificate in ECC), head nurse, practice manager, 1 RVN, 1 VCA, 1 client care manager and 2 client care advisors. Our Partner and Lead Vet, Emma Gatenby, qualified at the University of Edinburgh in 2013 and has a special interest in dermatology and internal medicine.
We have built a loyal client base since opening and being based inside a busy Pets at Home store gives excellent case exposure for someone looking to complete a certificate or wanting to progress clinically.
The ideal vet to join us will be motivated and proactive, with solid medical and surgical skills. There will be sole charge so you should also feel comfortable with this. Key to your success will be your ability to embrace all aspects of the role, delivering excellent patient and client care. You should enjoy working within a team and have strong communication and interpersonal skills. An interest in imaging and/or soft tissue surgery is advantageous, but not essential. A very competitive salary would be offered to a holder of a surgical certificate.
We would love to find a full-time vet but will consider two 20-hour positions.
Our normal working week is 4 weekdays 9am-7pm with 1 in 3 weekends (9am to 5pm Sat and 10am to 5pm Sun) with time off in lieu. No OOHs or on call. We offer flexibility if you prefer to work more weekends and less weekdays or if you prefer to work shorter days over 5 days.
Our practice is based just a short walk from a bus serving Edinburgh city centre providing excellent transport links and easy access to our beautiful city.
By joining us you will be part of a dynamic team dedicated to providing superb standards of client and animal care. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including:
• Salary of £38,000 to £50,000 (depending on experience, cert holders negotiable)
• 1 hour fully paid lunch break every day
• Regular catch up and paperwork breaks
• Weekly clinical meetings to discuss cases, support from other vets via phone on sole charge weekends if required
• Very limited overtime (99% of the time leave at 7pm) but any overtime funded.
• Contributory pension scheme
• Generous CPD allowance, certificates funded
• Paid memberships including RCVS
• 30 minute consult slots, last appointment 6.15pm to allow time for notes
• Career progression and surgical development opportunities
• Increased holiday allowance after 2 years of continuous service
• Exclusive company discounts and rewards including 20% off at Vets4Pets, Pets at Home and the Groom Room
Red Sector is one of the fastest growing recruitment agencies in the country. Red Sector was established in August 2017 with the aim of providing fast effective recruitment with a high level of care across the veterinary industry.
We are keen to hear from veterinary surgeons and veterinary nurses of all experience levels and have a proven track record of securing new graduates their first position fresh out of university to experienced certificate holders. Although primarily recruiting to the UK & Australia, we have also helped our clients in Dubai, Qatar, Canada and New Zealand with sourcing excellent candidates and helped veterinary surgeons & nurses relocate from every corner of the planet!
With over 50 years combined experience within recruitment our team have an extensive level of knowledge in the sectors we cover. As a team, we have the ability to build strong relationships with both candidates and clients and have the time and knowledge to spend on each individually. We enjoy sourcing the perfect candidates for roles and thrive on filling positions for clients in need.
If you are interested in a new position within the veterinary sector, or know someone who is, we would love to hear from you!
Please send your CV to email@example.com or get in touch via our website www.redsector.co.uk and one of our friendly consultants will be happy to help!
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert