Catley Cross Vets are looking for a veterinary colleague to join their equine team. We are predominately ambulatory but with excellent clinic, in-patient and surgical facilities.
The caseload is diverse and we have excellent diagnostic and therapeutic equipment to support our work. You will be provided with fantastic support by our two qualified nurses and experienced nursing assistants and grooms.
We are dedicated to ensuring the well-being of our staff and offer a flexible working pattern. Ideally, you will be able to work 40 hours over a four-day week, however, we are happy to hear from part-time candidates also. Our in-house OOH vet covers every other week and weekend on-call, giving opportunity for an excellent work/life balance.
The salary for this role is up to £63,000 FTE depending on experience.
Catley Cross Equine is a friendly, long-established equine practice in the beautiful Essex/Suffolk borders with easy access to the stunning Norfolk and Suffolk coastline and only an hour to London on the train. We provide thoughtful and compassionate veterinary care to the full range of equine patients and clients. We have a core team of 5 Veterinary Surgeons, 2 registered nurses as well as well-trained lay-staff. Certificate study is encouraged and fully supported.
In order to be successful in this role you would need to be an equine veterinary surgeon with at least 2 years post-graduate experience. Working alongside the team the chosen candidate would have full support from the other members of staff to fulfil their job role.
Because our employees matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from -
- 6.6 weeks annual leave
- Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Private medical insurance
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Non-accidental injury support
- £1250 CPD allowance with 40 hours paid pro rata
- Certificate support
- Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
- All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- BEVA membership
- VDS cover
- RCVS fees
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Discounted staff pet care
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch.
Please quote BH8643 when you apply.
Please send your CV to Taylor via the APPLY NOW button or call 07856426902 for more information.