Veterinary Surgeon - A Great Environment for a New Graduate
- Forest Vet Group - Neath
- Neath, Port Talbot, West Glamorgan, SA10 6HH
- up to £60,000 depending on experience.
- Closing date
- 3 Apr 2023
- Companion / Small animal
- Veterinary Surgeon
- Contract Type
- Full-time, Part-time
Forest Veterinary Group are looking for a dedicated Vet to join their busy practice! The successful candidate will work across our 2 sites, completing mainly consults and client calls, with some full days of operating. The shift pattern is 4 days per week, working between 8:30 am – 6:30 pm, with inclusion in the 1:3 Saturday rota working between 8:30 am-1 pm. No out-of-hours or bank holidays.
The salary for this role is up to £60,000 depending on experience.
We are a forward-thinking, well-established small animal practice in South Wales, right next to Neath town centre, and a 20 min drive from Swansea city centre. We are close to the M4 for convenient travel and Cardiff airport is less than an hour away. Our group is made up of 2 sites, our main branch in Neath and another in Port Talbot. Across our branches, we have surgical facilities, digital x-ray, ultrasound, our own in-house Idexx laboratory machines, and air-conditioning for those hot summer months.
About the Team and Culture
Forest has a fun and friendly team consisting of 3 permanent experienced vets, regular locums who assist us when needed, and a nursing team consisting of 10 RVN's, 2 ACAs, and 1 SVN with a further 5 members of our reception team. We have certificate holders in AVP and an orthopaedic surgeon working with us weekly. With our supportive team, this is a great environment for a new graduate to thrive in. CPD is supported and encouraged, and we love to hear new ideas from staff to continuously improve patient care!
Our ideal candidate will have experience within a first opinion practice and be confident in working in sole charge. A certificate or an interest in completing a certificate is desired, but not essential. You will have excellent written and spoken communication skills, and a motivation to provide high standards of care.
Because our employee’s matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from:
- 6.6 weeks annual leave
- Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Private medical insurance
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Non-accidental injury support
- £1250 CPD allowance with 5 hours paid pro-rata
- Certificate support
- Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
- All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- BVA membership
- VDS cover
- RCVS fees
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Discounted staff pet care
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch.
Please use BH6310 as a reference when applying for this role.
Please send your CV to Jim via the APPLY NOW button or call 07890610129 for more information.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert