Veterinary Surgeon - Find Flexibility With No Out Of Hours or Weekends
- The Veterinary Clinic, West Bromwich
- West Bromwich, West Midlands
- Up to £63,000 DOE, Welcome Bonus up to £5K, Relocation Bonus up to £5K.
- Closing date
- 2 May 2023
- Companion / Small animal
- Veterinary Surgeon
- Contract Type
- Full-time, Part-time
Veterinary Surgeon, The Veterinary Clinic, West Bromwich
- Salary up to £63,000 dependent on experience
- Up to £5,000 Welcome Bonus
- Up to £5,000 Relocation Allowance
Find flexibility in a role with no out-of-hours or weekends
The Veterinary Clinic, West Bromwich has a fantastic opportunity for a veterinary surgeon to join our well-established practice. You will see a varied caseload in a busy practice with a combination of consults and surgery. In addition to our comprehensive welcome package, we have accommodation above the clinic and will relocate a vet rent and utility free for three months.
Fix or flex – work life balance that works for you
Typically, our full time Vets work 4 days a week between the hours of 9am-7pm Monday to Friday. There is no weekend or out of hours work required. Our flexible approach to rota patterns and working hours truly tips the scale on your work life balance. We know that everyone has demands and priorities outside of their career and we want to make it brilliantly easy for you to strike the right balance. Whether you need to do the school pick up, need reduced hours during school holidays or would simply like a more flexible rota pattern we can fix or flex our patterns to suit you, should that be full time or part time.
Our team and culture
We strongly encourage our people to pursue any specific interests and a big part of our ethos is the belief in further learning for everyone, and we have opportunities to progress into leadership. As a team, we hold monthly vet meetings, a WhatsApp clinical discussion group and colleagues are only ever a phone call away should you need them.
Our close-knit group of PSS accredited clinics have been established both independently and as part of our larger group for well over 30 years and many staff are still with us. Due to being well-established, we have excellent relationships with other clinical groups in the area. We pride ourselves on being able to deliver a high standard of care, to help us do that we have access to excellent facilities across the group.
Our local area
The Veterinary Clinic is based in West Bromwich, in the heart of the Black Country, but don’t let that fool you! Its growth as a Midlands town boomed during the Industrial Revolution and over the years it’s undergone a massive transformation with new shopping precincts, college campuses and housing. A 25-minute drive will take you to Merry Hill, one of the largest shopping centres in the UK with over 200 shops, cinemas, restaurants, and cafes whilst 20 mins in the other direction takes you to the vibrant Birmingham City Centre, easily accessible by the Metro tramway or bus. West Brom is the home of Sandwell Valley Country Park and RSPB Nature reserve, stately homes including the Oak House and Bromwich Hall as well as the Baggies football team!
Because our employee’s matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from:
Work life balance
- 6.6 weeks annual leave including bank holidays
- Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Private medical insurance
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Non-accidental injury support
- £1250 CPD allowance with 5 days paid pro rata
- Certificate support
- Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
- All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- BVA membership
- VDS cover
- RCVS fees
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Discounted staff pet care
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch for a confidential chat. Our team in West Bromwich will be more than happy to chat with you and answer any questions you have.
Please quote BH7389 when you apply.
Please send your CV to Hannah via the APPLY NOW button or call 07816202696 for more information.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert