ECC Day Veterinary Surgeon | East Sussex | Full Time | 36.5 Hours per week
- East Sussex
- £50k – £55.5k depending on experience and qualifications
- Closing date
- 30 Mar 2023
- Companion / Small animal
- Veterinary Surgeon
- Contract Type
GVC are providing recruitment support to a large veterinary group who are actively recruiting for an ECC Day Veterinary Surgeon based in East Sussex.
As an ECC Veterinary Surgeon, you will join a growing medical and emergency team to take actively manage a large caseload seen from 5 fully equipped branches and subscribing practices in the area.
The hospital has 8 consulting rooms, 3 theatres and prep areas, CT, a dental suite and full inhouse lab with a dedicated lab technician, along with dedicated cat, dog, exotic, isolation and day procedure wards.
Two dedicated hospital vets manage the hospitalised medical caseload daily, you will work alongside two surgeons, a separate exotics team and the team of small animal consulting vets and be supported by fantastic nursing and support teams. Three night veterinary surgeons and nurses cover OOH.
The team has multiple certificate holders and a huge range of clinical interests and expertise, including referral services for orthopaedics, ophthalmology, advanced imaging, and exotics.
• Work alongside ECC Night nurses and Animal Nursing Assistants
• Opportunities to develop
• VOTN support for triaging of calls
• Fully staffed day team to manage day to day cases
• Salary of £50k – £55.5k depending on experience and qualifications
• 7.50am – 8pm shifts (36.5 hours per week)
• 6 weeks holiday per year, including Bank Holidays
• Opportunity to buy and sell holiday
• Enhanced sick, maternity, and paternity pay
• RCVS and VDS fees covered, plus one other subscription
• £1,750 towards CPD (more if a certificate holder) and 5 days leave
• Employee discount
• Pension scheme
Are you an experienced and approachable vet with an active interest in Emergency and Critical Care? Click APPLY today!
To be considered for this position, you must have the following or clearly be able to demonstrate your suitability for the role by showing:
• Relevant veterinary qualification from an accredited university recognised in the UK
• Relevant language skills – English
• Licenced to provide veterinary care in the UK – RCVS registered
• Right to work in the UK
This role is advertised by Global Veterinary Careers who operate as an employment business and emplacement agency. We have the largest selection of opportunities from our global marketplace and take on new and exclusive first opinion and specialist roles, worldwide on a daily basis. Should you be interested in a more detailed conversation in how we can support you, please get in touch with our team of veterinary careers advisors today.
For further information, please contact Sarah Cann at GVC on email@example.com
Global Veterinary Careers are a specialist veterinary recruitment agency, with extensive experience and knowledge of the industry. With Offices in both the UK and Australia, we focus on helping veterinary professionals of all levels and disciplines secure their dream position, wherever that may be in the world. Our primary aim is to make the recruitment process as straight forward and stress-free as possible. GVC can offer the most widespread and varied selection of locum and permanent veterinary opportunities in every corner of the world.
We recruit for the following positions on both locum and permanent appointments:
- Veterinary Surgeon
- Veterinary Specialists inc. Diplomates and Residency Trained
- Veterinary Nurse
- Veterinary Care Assistant / Animal Nursing Assistant
- Practice Manager
- Veterinary Territory Manager
- Veterinary Sales
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert