Surgical Veterinary Surgeon required at Gatehouse Vets, Bingley
We are looking for an operating-only Veterinary Surgeon to join our lovely team at Gatehouse, Bingley. Our ideal candidate would be comfortable with soft tissue surgeries, with development of more advanced techniques actively encouraged. The role would be 25 hours per week, over five days with hours which can be deliberately designed to fit around other commitments such as childcare.
There is no Out of Hours requirement for this role however participation in the weekend rota may be required occasionally.
We offer flexible working patterns that flex with you and your lifestyle. Whether you are looking to flex your rota hours to balance the school holidays, fix to navigate the school runs or just looking to strike that balance between home and work life. We can offer flexibility that actually works for you.
Salary is up to £65,000 depending on experience + Relocation allowance up to £5,000 if required.
Our Bingley Practice is located just a short walk away from our lovely market town which is full of shops, cafes and restaurants.
Our surgery is only around 2 years old and is still very lovely and shiny! We have a good ultrasound, imaging suit and dental radiography as well as all the usual equipment you would expect.
If any of this sounds interesting to you, we would love to meet you to chat more about our practice and team. If consulting is more your cup of tea, we do have some flexibility so please do get in touch.
About the Team and Culture
We are a strong and supportive team who believe in looking after each other and providing a safe environment to work in. We know, from experience, that allowing our colleagues to play to their strengths benefits the whole team and we always welcome suggestions of improvements and change.
We also have a strong learning ethos and hold journal clubs every couple of months which are often based around case discussion.
We are proud to be a very diverse, multinational 5 Vet team with a range of personal preferences, including cardiology, feline medicine, fear free practice, poultry and dermatology! We are always looking to improve inclusivity (there's always room for improvement!) and one of our projects this year is for some of our colleagues to learn sign language.
We look forward to welcoming an enthusiastic RCVS registered Veterinary Surgeon to our team. We are looking for that special someone who enjoys surgery and is a team player who supports and believes in a culture of quality care to the highest standard for our visiting pets and clients.
• Experience within a small animal practice
• RCVS registered
• Strong communication skills
• Ability to work well in a team
• A passion to deliver great clinical quality and fantastic client service
• Desire and passion to care for pets as if they are your own
Because our employees matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from:
- 6.6 weeks annual leave
- Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Private medical insurance
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Non-accidental injury support
- £1200 CPD allowance with 5 days paid pro rata
- Certificate support
- Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
- All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- BVA membership
- VDS cover
- RCVS fees
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Discounted staff pet care
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch.
Quote BH8584 when applying for this role.
Please send your CV to Margaret via the APPLY button or call 07977242572 for more information.