Veterinary Surgeon - join our well-established, friendly team.
- Sheriffs Highway Vets (Gateshead)
- Gateshead, Tyne and Wear
- Up to £63,000 DOE, plus relocation package up to £5000, and welcome bonus up to £3000
- Closing date
- 18 Feb 2023
- Companion / Small animal
- Veterinary Surgeon
- Contract Type
Sheriffs Highway Vets, Gateshead
SALARY: Up to £63,000 DOE, plus relocation package up to £5000, and welcome bonus up to £3000
Sheriff’s Highway is a multi-centre veterinary practice with five locations across Tyne and Wear – Gateshead (main hospital), Wickham, Sunderland, Ryton, and Washington. Our practice is located within easy commuting distance to Newcastle city centre renowned for culture and social life, the North East coastline boasting multiple award-winning beaches, and the beautiful countryside of Northumberland and County Durham – so the area can offer something for everyone! An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced veterinary surgeon to join our well-established friendly team.
Our main hospital in Gateshead provides 24-hour emergency cover with a dedicated night team – so you can enjoy case continuity of hospitalised patients whilst not having any obligation to work a nightshift rota. Across our branches we have 16 Veterinary Surgeons, 22 RVNs, 3 SVNs, 10 auxillary nurses, and 11 receptionists. A number of our vets are certificate holders in a variety of disciplines, and are always happy to help and support less experienced colleagues.
We have frequent case discussions amongst our vets so you will always find someone happy to discuss cases with you and offer advice. We encourage and support further study, either in general practice or a specific area of interest.
Facilities you will benefit from as a veterinary surgeon with Sheriff’s Highway include:
- Direct digital radiography
- Ultrasonography with doppler
- In-house laboratory
- Dental radiography
- Laparoscopic surgical kit
- Full array of orthopaedic surgical equipment
- No nightshift commitments
- Time split between 41-hour week which includes 37 hours over 4 days with a set day off Monday to Friday, 1 in 6 full weekends (Saturday and Sunday 7:45am to 6:15pm), and 1 in 6 Saturday mornings (9am to 12midday).
- We can also offer a good deal of flexibility and we are more than happy to consider part time applicants.
- consulting, surgery, medical procedures, and dentistry
- The role will have time split between our main hospital and the branches – we operate at all but one of our branches.
- Flexibility to tailor your rota to fit you – if you have specific interests or would prefer more time at a specific branch we can discuss this with you before starting
We are looking for an enthusiastic, caring RCVS-registered veterinary surgeon with excellent communication skills. Experienced applicants and certificate holders preferred but we will consider more recent graduates with a drive for providing excellent patient care.
Because our employee’s matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from -
Work life balance
- 6.6 weeks annual leave
- Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Private medical insurance
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Non-accidental injury support
- £1250 CPD allowance with 5 days paid pro rata
- Certificate support
- Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
- All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- BVA membership
- VDS cover
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Discounted staff pet care
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch.
Please quote BH8256 when you apply.
Please send your CV to Mike via the APPLY button or call 07977243700 for more information.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert