Registered Veterinary Nurse - a friendly, supportive team environment at our small branch surgery
- Summercourt Vets
- Caerphilly (Caerffili)
- up to £29,000 depending on experience
- Closing date
- 13 Feb 2023
- Companion / Small animal
- Veterinary Nurse
- Contract Type
- Full-time, Part-time
Here at Summerhill Vets, we are looking for a dedicated Registered Veterinary Nurse to join our team. The role will include general nursing duties, theatre shifts, monitoring anaesthetics, nurse clinics, assisting the Vet, some reception work, inpatient care and dental work.
The rota will include working 39 hours per week over 5 days with shifts being variable between 8:30am-6:30pm for example 8:30am-5:00pm and 10:00am-6:30pm. There will be no weekends or out-of-hours.
The salary will be up to £29,000 depending on experience.
We offer a friendly, supportive team environment at our small branch surgery. We are equipped with 2 consultation rooms, X-ray, dental machine, signalpet, nurse consultation room, and lab facilities. The practice is based in a lovely location near mountain walks, a short distance to Caerphilly town, Caerphilly castle, and Cardiff City with transport links nearby
Currently, we have 1-2 Veterinary Surgeons, 1 Registered Veterinary Nurse, 1 Nursing assistant, 1 roving Nursing assistant and 3 reception staff. We have certificate holders within the group
We are looking for a qualified Registered Veterinary Nurse who has a full, clean driving licence. The ideal candidate will be dynamic, efficient, smiley, and a bubbly individual who is happy to work as part of a team or alone and strives for clinical excellence and is committed to client and patient care. Liking tea and cake is a must!
Because our employee’s matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from:
Work life balance
- 6.6 weeks annual leave including bank holidays pro-rata
- Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Private Medical Insurance
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing, including discounted gym membership
- Non-accidental injury support
- £500 CPD allowance with 3 days paid pro rata
- Certificate support
- Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
- All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- VDS cover
- RCVS fees
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Discounted staff pet care
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch.
Please quote BH8213 when applying for this role.
Please send your CV to Jim via the APPLY button or call 07890610129 for more information.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert