Registered Veterinary Nurse - with a hands-on approach to Equine care and welfare
- Sussex Equine Hospital
- Ashington, West Sussex
- up to £29,500 DOE plus a comprehensive benefits package
- Closing date
- 12 Feb 2023
Registered Veterinary Nurse required at Sussex Equine Hospital, Ashington
Sussex Equine are looking for their final Registered Veterinary Nurse to complete their team!
Salary up to £29,500 per annum depending on experience.
We are looking for a full time RVN working 08:00am – 17:00pm Monday to Friday. We offer a 1-hour unpaid lunch break ensuring you take that much deserved break throughout the day. We do have a 1:4 OOH on call weeknights rota for our nursing team, the OOH hours are from 5.30pm until 08.00am.
Here at Sussex Equine we like to provide our team with a varied working day, opportunity to expand their skill set in a consistent learning environment, all whilst receiving excellent team support.
A few RVN duties available at Sussex Equine:
- Assisting with general inpatient care, critical care, neonatal critical care, and nursing in the isolation unit
- Ensuring that medical records are professionally written, clear and complete
- Assisting with lameness examinations
- Radiography - obtaining high quality radiographs and assist with plate holding
- Ultrasonography - Patient preparation and assisting during the procedure
- Gamma Scintigraphy – Patient preparation, acquisition of images, image processing and patient care during the procedure
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging – Patient preparation, acquisition of images, patient monitoring and care during the procedure, liaising with MRI provider
- Assisting the surgeon during various procedures in the standing or anaesthetised patient
Weekend/On Call Duties:
We also have 1 in 4 Weekend OOH Rota; you will be on call from 17:30 on Friday until 08:00 Monday. You may be called at any time, day, or night, to assist with general duties similar to those expected during usual working hours. Any work that is required will be authorised by the senior clinician on call or a Director of the practice. After a weekend on call, you are entitled to the Monday am/pm off.
About Sussex Equine
We are a state of the art, purpose- built, referral hospital providing patients and clients with the best standards of equine veterinary health care, based in a beautiful location in Sussex. We have a total of 27 stables, isolation block and Repro/Bonescan blocks. We have some excellent equipment, naming MRI and CT to name a couple! We excel in our medical workups and treatment and cover both minor and major surgeries, allowing for excellent clinical exposure.
Being nestled in the countryside offers lots of beautiful country walks in the area, and the seaside is just 20 miles away. We have great city links being close to Worthing and Brighton and quick and accessible train links to London.
Our Team and Culture
We have an experienced and dedicated team at Sussex Equine consisting of, 25 Veterinary Surgeons, 5 Veterinary Nurses and 30 Support Team Members. We offer 4 specialists in Equine Surgery, 2 Internal Medicine Specialists and 2 Diplomates in Equine Reproduction. This of course providing excellent clinical exposure, great learning opportunities and a knowledgeable team to support you in practice.
We consider ourselves to be active within the local community. We sponsor some local events, i.e., village fates and also equine events held in our local area together with the local Point to Point racing events. We hold bi yearly Open Days where all our clients and their friend are invited to visit the hospital to see what we do. At these events we ask for donations which our team decide on the charity they would like to donate the money raised to.
What we are looking for
We ask for you to be a qualified Veterinary Nurse who is registered or eligible to register with the RCVS. Our new RVN will have some post qualifying Veterinary Nursing experience, great customer services skills and team working ability. We hope you are an enthusiastic individual with a hands-on approach to Equine care and welfare.
Because our employees matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from –
Work life balance
- 6.6 weeks annual leave
- Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Private Medical Insurance
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing, including discounted gym membership
- Non-accidental injury support
- £500 CPD allowance with 16 hours paid pro rata
- Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
- All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- VDS cover
- RCVS fees
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Discounted staff pet care
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch.
Please quote reference BH8199.
Please send your CV to Olivia via the APPLY button or call 07797724566 for more information.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert