Veterinary Surgeon | Bourne Veterinary Practice | Kent | £65K DOE + Benefits |
- Bourne Veterinary Practice
- Bekesbourne, Canterbury
- up to £65K DOE, £2K Golden Hello, Bonus Scheme, £5K Relocation
- Closing date
- 11 Feb 2023
- Companion / Small animal
- Veterinary Surgeon
- Contract Type
- Full-time, Part-time
Veterinary Surgeon required at Bourne Vets in Canterbury, Kent
We are looking for our final Veterinary Surgeon to complete our friendly and caring team at Bourne Vets.
We are open to be flexible with working patterns as we understand this is a key factor to our team’s longevity and spirit.
We have a varied caseload and very supportive and experienced Clinical Director, as well as a collaborative working culture.
Our Vets like to be able to work together and discuss cases allowing for constant individual and team development - we are very supportive of this working environment.
We provide ample opportunity and consultation time for you to work up your cases and build long lasting and strong bonds with our patients and clients.
We have a really strong sense of community ethic and are well renowned in our local area.
We will provide you with a wonderful, dedicated team to become part of, enjoyable working days and excellent (and much needed) work life balance.
- Salary for the role is up to £65,000 per annum depending on experience
- A competitive Bonus Scheme
- Relocation Allowance of up to £5,000
- A Golden Hello of £2,000
Bourne Veterinary Practice is a well-established, purpose designed modern small animal practice situated in a delightful rural farmstead, within 4 miles of the historic cathedral city of Canterbury with easy access to both London and Europe via the Channel Tunnel.
There is also a diverse coastline with nature reserves and a wealth of cycle routes and trails to enjoy.
We are the only practice in Kent to offer a separate ISFM Silver accredited Cat-only Clinic and a Rehabilitation Clinic all on one site. Our clinic also includes an excellent piece of equipment, an aqua treadmill!
We have wonderful clients with a higher-than-normal percentage of insured pets. If you happen to be a Vet keen to delve into Feline Medicine or one whom already has qualifications in this interest, we would love to hear from you – with a view of you leading the expansion of our cat clinics!
Team and Culture
The practice has a Clinical Director, 4 full time Vets, 10 RVNs, 2 SVNs, 2 ANAs, 6 Receptionists and a Practice Manager who was a Head nurse previously and has a passion for the client journey and her team.
We have a caring and supportive ethos in practice, which provides a thoroughly caring and enjoyable working environment. We care, we listen, we strive to improve work-life balance and are always keen to embrace initiative and staff wellbeing.
If you have an interest, we will support you with that and ensure you get to delve into what you enjoy.
We are seeking a qualified Veterinary Surgeon with some post graduate experience.
The ideal candidate will need to be RCVS registered with great communication skills and willing to embrace the practice ethos of offering the best clinical standards and pro-actively contributing to the progression of the practice.
Because our employee’s matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from -
Work life balance
- 6.6 weeks annual leave
- Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Private medical insurance
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- •Non-accidental injury support
- £1,250 CPD allowance with 5 days paid pro rata
- Certificate support
- Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
- All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- BVA membership
- VDS cover
- RCVS fees
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Discounted staff pet care
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch.
Please quote reference BH8189.
Please send your CV to Olivia via the APPLY button or call 07797724566 for more information.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert