Small Animal Vet / New Graduate Vet - Independent and Supportive Practice - Chelmsford
- BritVet Services Limited
- Chelmsford, Essex
- up to £65,000 per annum
- Closing date
- 9 Feb 2023
- Phone number
- Companion / Small animal
- Veterinary Surgeon
- Contract Type
This independently-owned companion animal practice near Chelmsford, Essex, UK are seeking a SA Vet or a New Graduate Vet to become Vet number 10!
The practice has DR and dental radiography, multi-parameters anaesthetic monitors, Doppler blood pressure monitors, capnography, tonopen, high-spec. ultrasound machine, rigid endoscope, gastroscope and bronchoscope, bair huggers for all the patients under anaesthesia, dedicated dental suite, in-house laboratory with endocrinology and Sedivue urine analyser.
They have separate dog, cat and exotics wards that minimises the patient’s stress when in for an operation, procedure or hospitalisation. They have a separate isolation ward if required. They work in an air-conditioned building that provides all-round comfort for man and beast, alike!
They have a varied caseload, primarily dogs and cats with rabbits and the occasional exotic pet. They have a visiting peripatetic orthopaedic / soft tissue surgeon and cardiologist that enables them to offer the highest level of care in-house.
They have a wonderful team of vets, RVNs, trainee nurses, VCAs, receptionists and admin staff that get on tremendously well, allowing the practice to have a tight-knot team that functions as one.
Benefits are as followed:
1. Fantastic work life balance
2. 15-minute appointments
3. A salary from £30k -£65k depending on experience, based on a 40-hour week
4. Weekend work - 2 weekends in every 8 weeks, with days off in lieu
5. Bank holidays are worked on a rota system, averaging 1 day / year, with time of in-lieu 6. No OOHs
7. 1 evening check pw (only if required)
8. Support is provided (and essential), with everybody sharing and reviewing caseloads, having open dialogue and conversations.
9. Well-organised weekly rota that is available 2 months in advance
10. Well-organised weekend rota that is available up to a year in advance
11. CPD funded
12. Webinar Vet practice membership
13. Certificates fully funded, supported and encouraged
14. 23 days annual holidays plus Bank Holidays
15. RCVS, VDS and BVA membership fees paid
16. Pension scheme
17. Comprehensive facilities and modern equipment
18. Staff discount on your pet treatment
19. Visa and sponsorship covered and ready to go
20. This could suit an experienced new grad, but ideally a minimum of 2 years’ experience is required.
Click to apply or call Harry on 07939 154988 for more information
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert