Rota Nurse | Penmellyn Vets | Cornwall | Generous Salary & Benefits Package |
- Penmellyn Vets (St Columb Major Hospital)
- St Columb, Cornwall
- Closing date
- 6 Feb 2023
- Companion / Small animal
- Veterinary Nurse
- Contract Type
Here at Penmellyn Vets we have an exciting opportunity for a Rota Nurse to join our team.
This position would be suitable for anyone looking to expand their knowledge and skills in all aspects of veterinary nursing. The role involves rotation through many of the departments within the hospital including Medicine, Wards, Surgery and Imaging.
Our rota runs over 8 weeks generally with a four-day week, this does include some weekends but time off in the week is given for this. Our present rota was designed with input from our nursing team.
Penmellyn’s practices are in the heart of Cornwall, this outstanding county, and we strive to provide first class care to our team, clients, and pets alike.
With our group of 25 full time Veterinary Surgeons and 50 veterinary nurses across our sites, we have an exceptionally supportive and forward-thinking team whom we are immensely proud of.
Our practice has state of the art diagnostics equipment to include a CT scanner, ultrasound, digital radiography.
We are excited to expand our hospital, this will include 4 modern and up to date theatres, a diagnostics suite, and minor procedures room, cat friendly ward with its own examination room, a large kennel area with 35 kennels, and separate cat and dog isolation facilities.
We have regular meetings to discuss cases, to improve and develop and we always have colleagues on hand who are interested, happy to discuss cases and provide reassurance with also the opportunity to also work independently.
Our ideal candidate will be a Registered Veterinary Nurse or Student Veterinary Nurse with at least 1 years’ experience.
Because our employee’s matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from –
Work life balance
- 6.6 weeks annual leave
- Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Private Medical Insurance
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing, including discounted gym membership
- Non-accidental injury support
- £500 CPD allowance with 3 days paid pro rata
- Certificate support
- Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
- All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- VDS cover
- RCVS fees
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Discounted staff pet care
- Relocation allowance up to £2000
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch.
Please quote BH8135 when applying for this role.
Please send your CV to Maizie via the APPLY button or call 07977245242 for more information
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert