Vet (Maternity Cover) Eastbourne, Up To £60K, Relocation, No OOHs
Veterinary Surgeon, (Maternity Cover) Eastbourne Vets
Eastbourne Vets have an exciting and rare opportunity to join their established and friendly team on a fixed-term basis!
The position’s ideal start date would be May 2023 rolling for 52 weeks.
It is likely that we will have the opportunity to look at opportunities for you in the wider business at the end of the 52-week period.
Day-to-day duties include consultations and performing basic surgeries such as neutering. The candidate will be responsible for the diagnostics and treatment of patients in the surgery, as well as professional service to clients.
On a typical day, you will start the morning consults at 9 am. After the morning consults, you will support the Nurses to prepare the animals that are in for surgical procedures and complete the surgery. After lunch, the afternoons and evenings will be back to consulting and discharging the surgical patients and any inpatients well enough to go home. During the afternoon you will have free time to phone clients and complete paperwork.
Routinely our Vets are working 4 days a week and 1:5 Saturdays.
The role requires no out-of-hours work.
- Salary for the role is up to £60,000 depending on experience
- Relocation allowance of up to £2,500 for the successful candidate
Eastbourne Vets have 3 branches and are located in a lovely, picturesque seaside town. 10 minutes by car from us is Beachy head, beautiful cliffs with amazing views and do not forget about the natural treasure of North Downs with amazing walks.
We have lots of gadgets, including digital x-rays, dental x-rays, endoscopes, bronchoscopes and ultrasounds. We also have a broad in-house laboratory including culture and sensitivity, cytology, biochemistry, haematology and hormonal tests. Our unique selling point is quality, we focus on delivering a high-quality service, with an individual approach.
About the Team and Culture
We are a team of 6 Veterinary Surgeons and 10 Veterinary Nurses with the support of our wonderful receptionists and administrators. We have a real family here at Eastbourne, we are a friendly, approachable team. We pride ourselves on offering continuous support and encouragement, especially to our new team members transitioning into their new role.
We are asking our new Vet to have an excellent bedside manner, a positive can-do attitude and be an avid team player. We would expect you to be a great communicator and either be RCVS registered or eligible to register. We are open to experience levels due to having a strong, established team able to offer some mentoring support.
Because our Employee’s Matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from:
Work Life Balance
· 6.6 weeks annual leave
· Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
· Your birthday as a paid day off
· Private medical insurance
· Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
· Cycle to Work scheme
· Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
· Non-accidental injury support
· £1200 CPD allowance with 5 days paid pro rata
· Certificate support
· Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
· Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
· All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
· All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
· Infection Prevention and Control Programme
· Quality Improvement Programme
· BVA membership
· VDS cover
· RCVS fees
· Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
· Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
· Discounted staff pet care
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch.
Please quote BH7512 when you apply.
To apply, please email your CV to Olivia via the APPLY button or call 07797724566 for more information.
Apply for Vet (Maternity Cover) Eastbourne, Up To £60K, Relocation, No OOHs
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly