Heads of Service - Longbridge - Welcome Bonus 15K - Competitive Salary
Head of Service
As the opening date for our new purpose-built hospital approaches,
we are delighted to now be accepting applications from experienced Veterinary Specialists looking to move into a Head of Service position within our new multi discipline referral hospital, due to open in Summer 2023.
This is a full-time position working 40 hours over 4 days per week.
The Heads of Service will play a key role in driving clinical standards across their disciplines in the hospital to deliver the high levels of veterinary care that the IVC Evidensia Referral network is known for.
We are keen to speak with Specialists in the following disciplines:
- Diagnostic Imaging
- Emergency & Critical Care
- Internal Medicine
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Soft Tissue Surgery
Building the foundations of a sustainable career
At IVC Evidensia, we have over 100 referral sites that have joined our UK & Ireland network over the years. Longbridge is a first from us, where we are building from the foundations up, creating a unique opportunity to be a part of something special from the very beginning. Sustainability has been a key priority for us, and we have included several green and well-being initiatives in the hospital in line with our Positive Pawprint strategy across the group.
The hospital will be one of the largest in the UK at over 36,000 sq ft, with the capacity to treat up to 10,000 pets per year. From the site we will provide specialist led multi-discipline veterinary referrals and a 24-hour emergency care service for pet owners across the Midlands. The site has easy access from the A38 through Longbridge and is part of the West Longbridge regeneration project.
We care, we dare, we share…
At IVC Evidensia we are passionate about our Values, our teams live and breathe them every day. We are keen to establish this culture within our new hospital. The successful candidate in this role, along with the hospital leadership team will embody these values to create a positive working environment where we put our people at the heart of what we do.
Leading a team, you are proud to be a part of
This will be an exciting and varied position where you will balance clinical and leadership responsibilities. You will represent and direct the strategy of your department, in alignment with the operational needs of the hospital. Working to deliver a commercially sustainable service, supporting and working with the wider referral division teams in the implementation of new processes and ways of working.
You will lead on strategy and policy under the direction of the Hospital Director, Clinical Director and in conjunction with IVC Evidensia Referrals Clinical Division, to enable the service and Hospital to deliver IVCE business objectives
As Head of Service, you will also have commercial responsibilities and support the Hospital and Clinical Directors in driving the overall performance of the hospital and building lasting positive relationships with the referring practices across the Midlands.
Duties will include….
- Being an advocate of the hospital and overall IVC Evidensia Referral Network, engaging with potential candidates through networking and recruitment events to complement our recruitment efforts.
- Being an ambassador for IVC Evidensia Values and embedding our company culture, ensuring co-operation and collaboration between the services.
- Develop a collaborative culture within your discipline, harnessing individual expertise and experience to ensure a motivated and productive team.
- Regular meetings with all heads of service and Clinical Nurse Manager to ensure that clinical standards are being maintained and group policies and procedures are being adhered to.
- Work with the Senior Nursing team to deliver a cohesive and client focused service where we are united to provide a high standard of client and patient care across a 24/7 operation.
- Be proactive in spotting opportunities to drive performance, growth and efficiencies across the referral service.
- RCVS Registered or eligible
- RCVS, American or European Diplomate
- Previous experience of working in a multi discipline referral hospital
- Previous line management experience
- Commercial experienced in a Veterinary environment
- Management qualification/s
Because our people matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business and investing in our people, teams and sites is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from -
- Welcome bonus of £15,000
- 7 weeks annual leave – Inclusive of bank holidays
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Private medical insurance
- Company bonus scheme
- Clinical CPD allowance of £5000
- Leadership CPD allowance of £1000
- 2 weeks paid CPD leave
- Enhanced sick and family friendly policies
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch.
Please quote BH6554 when applying for this role.
To apply, please send your CV to Kris via the APPLY button.
Apply for Heads of Service - Longbridge - Welcome Bonus 15K - Competitive Salary
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly