Lead Veterinary Surgeon - Falkirk - Up To £68K DOE - Relocation - No OOH
Lead Veterinary Surgeon required at Grahams Road Vet Clinic
Grahams Road Vet Clinic in Falkirk is looking for a lead vet surgeon to inspire, coach and mentor our veterinary team. Covering both consulting and surgery procedures within a 1st opinion small animal clinic whilst providing support to the less experienced vets within practice.
Typical caseloads consist of but not limited to, lots of dermatology, dentistry, medical cases, cardiology, typical surgeries such as neuters, lump removals, entropion’s, cherry eyes, enterotomies, amputations, etc.
Lead Vet Responsibilities
First line management for vets and their clinical activity, working alongside the Clinical Director to provide leadership, rota management and team development, working alongside the teams in practice to train the student veterinary nurses, deal with client complaints in the absence of the clinical director & mentoring of the vets within medicine, surgery, and dental procedures, devising and implementing protocols for clinical excellence whilst maintaining RCVS accreditation standards.
- Up to 40 hours per week - (Flexibility on hours available)
- Full/part time candidates can be considered
- Working across 2-4 days per week
- No OOH or on call
- Up to £68,000 depending on experience
- Relocation allowance of up to £5,000
We are a 1st opinion small animal practice located in central Falkirk with a busy caseload. Falkirk is a thriving town with close rail links to Edinburgh and Glasgow. We have all the usual equipment, including our own in-house Idexx biochemistry and haematology analysers along with standard diagnostic laboratory equipment, digital x-ray, ultrasound with echocardiography, tonopen, blood pressure monitors and our multi-parameter anaesthetic monitoring machine.
We currently have 4 vets, 4.5 RVN’s & 8 support staff. We have a visiting orthopaedic surgeon, one of our vets has an interest in Cardiology and does regular cardiac scanning as well as a certificate in small animal medicine, we are also a nurse training practice.
Applicants must be RCVS registered and confident with both consulting and routine surgery procedures. Excellent first step into leadership and management for someone aspiring to becoming a clinical director in future. Applicants must have excellent communication skills and a desire to work to a high clinical standard. Further certification is supported and fully funded.
Because our Employee's Matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from:
- 6.6 weeks annual leave including bank holidays
- Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Private medical insurance
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Non-accidental injury support
- £1250 CPD allowance with 5 days paid pro-rata
- Certificate support
- Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
- All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- BVA membership
- VDS cover
- RCVS fees
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Pension – 5% Employee 3% Employer
- Discounted staff pet care
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch.
Please quote BH6762 when applying for this role.
To apply, please email your CV to Margaret via the APPLY button or call 07977242572 for more information.
Apply for Lead Veterinary Surgeon - Falkirk - Up To £68K DOE - Relocation - No OOH
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly