Farm Vet - Welcome bonus for direct candidates
Hook Norton Vets is an independent veterinary practice with separate Small Animal, Equine and Farm Departments that cover a wide geographical area across North Oxfordshire and the Cotswolds. We are proudly one of the founding members of XLVets, a group of independent veterinary practices spanning the length and breadth of the UK. We work together to share veterinary ideas, knowledge and skills.
We have an opportunity for an ambitious Farm Vet to join our 13-strong Farm Team, comprising Farm Vets, TB Testers, ATTs and a Vet Tech. Our specialist farm department services a wide range of proactive dairy, beef and sheep holdings.
Experience is welcome, but not a necessity and recent graduates are encouraged to apply. We offer all new graduates the opportunity to participate in the renowned Graduate & Development Scheme delivered by XLVets. In addition, to aid your clinical skills and develop any key areas of interest, we will provide structured internal support and mentorship.
The ideal candidate will have a clean driving licence with their own vehicle and be a team player with high clinical aspirations.
The position is full-time, over 4.5 days a week, with an equal share in the OOH rota – currently 1 in 7. Following a full weekend on-call, the half day off each week increases to 1 full day.
- £33-60.000 per annum, DOE.
- A welcome bonus for direct, permanent candidates
- Enhanced holiday (7 weeks, incl Bank Holidays) & long service holiday awards
- Private Medical Insurance
- Pension Scheme
- Enhanced family & wellbeing benefits
- Generous CPD allowance
- VDS, RCVS, and BCVA membership provided by the Practice
- Exclusive company discounts
- Comprehensive access to the XLVet community & resources
- Full and unwavering support towards Certificates and career development
- Enhanced mileage for business travel
This is a great opportunity for a good work/life balance, providing the time to join in with our vibrant local community & enjoy the fabulous Cotswolds and surrounding area. We have great local facilities, schools and lots of cosy pubs!
For more information about the practice, please look around our website.
For an informal chat or to apply please get in touch with Tracie Dunn via the APPLY button.