Veterinary Surgeon - No out-of-hours work
Acres Veterinary Centre is going through an exciting time of development and want a new vet to join their friendly and supportive team. This role is perfect for a confident GP vet who is capable of managing a variety of medical and surgical cases and is comfortable with sole-charge work. We are also happy to accommodate a vet with consultation bias.
This is a full-time role working 4 days , with 3 days 9am to 5pm and one day 9 until 7pm. However, we are happy to provide flexibility for the right candidate and part-time work will be considered. No out-of-hours work.
The salary for this role is up to £55,128 depending on experience.
Acres Vet Centre is a single-site, small animal practice located in Airdrie, Lanarkshire. We are expanding and soon to move into new, purpose-built premises. Our location is very central with excellent travel links to Glasgow, Edinburgh, and Stirling, as well as plenty of local rural escapes.
The practice is well equipped with ultrasonography, brand new digital x-ray equipment, an in-house laboratory including IDEXX haematology/biochemistry analysers and microscope, infusion pumps, ECG, capnography, blood pressure monitors (doppler and oscillometric) and digital tonometry, and we hope to add dental x-ray equipment and an endoscope to this list once we are in the new building!
About the Team and Culture
We currently employ 5 veterinary surgeons, 5 registered veterinary nurses, 2 student veterinary nurses and an excellent team of reception/administrative staff. Acres is a nurse training centre, and our CD is also a vetGDP advisor for new graduates.
Our team of vets are extremely supportive and is involved in regular collaboration and discussion on challenging cases. Our nurses have a wealth of experience including extra qualifications in ECC and behaviour, and specific interests in nutrition.
Must be fully qualified with MRCVS status and have sufficient experience working in first opinion small animal practice to be comfortable with routine consultations, and surgeries and capable of sole charge work. Any specific interests are welcomed, as further certification will be supported.
Because our employees matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from -
- 6.6 weeks annual leave
- Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Private medical insurance
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee wellbeing
- Non-accidental injury support
- £1250 CPD allowance with 5 days paid pro rata
- Certificate support
- Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
- All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- BVA membership
- VDS cover
- RCVS fees
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Discounted staff pet care
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch. Quote BH7129 when applying for this role.
Please email your CV to Margaret or call 07977242572 for more information.
To submit your application, click the apply button.