Lead Veterinary Surgeon
Medivet is a family of passionate veterinary professionals committed to providing truly exceptional care.
The top priority of our team is your pet’s well-being. Our nationwide network of practices includes 27 pioneering 24-hour centres, meaning that we’re open and here to help whenever we’re needed.
We’re always looking for people who aspire to stand out in their field, and it’s this vision and enthusiasm that forms the foundation of how we work.
Our Lead Vets are responsible for leading the practice and its staff in providing the very best care to clients and pets. You’ll also have an active interest in the running of the practice and be rewarded for its success.
Salary & Benefits
Salary package up to £65,000 per annum depending on experience, to include:
- - 5 weeks' annual leave (FTE)
- - 4 weeks' paid sabbatical (after each 5 years of service)
- - Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Pay
- - CPD Allowance £1,500 plus 3 days CPD leave (FTE), along with exceptional in-house CPD training
- - RCVS, BVA, and VDS fees paid
- - Vehicle allowance or Company Vehicle
- - Accommodation allowance
- - Access to Wellbeing support and EAP programme
- - Access to wide range of discounts for days out, high street and holidays
- - 100% attendance bonus schemes
- - 1 day 'Pet'ernity Leave
The role is working 4 days per week and 1 in 6 weekends.
We also offer relocation allowances should you move more than 50 miles from your current home address.
We can also support Certificates of Sponsorship for a Tier 2 (General) Visa if you meet the criteria and are eligible to register as a veterinary surgeon with the RCVS upon arrival in the UK
- - Manage the sales performance, budget and overall profitability of the practice on a day-to-day basis
- - Ensure all team members provide quality and ethical care to all clients and their pets/livestock
- - Assess and examine and diagnose patients’ medical issues
- - Perform surgery, dress and treat wounds
- - Perform diagnostic laboratory, imaging and ultrasound testing where required
- - Prescribe medication
- - Promote preventative care by advocating and administering routine vaccinations and immunisations
- - Educate clients on positive lifestyle choices for pets/livestock
- - Euthanise patients
- - Ensure compliance with veterinary ethics and relevant statutes, policies, and procedures
- - Maintain patients’ medical records
Skills and experience:
- - Registered with the RCVS
- - Qualified MRCVS
- - Commitment to animal welfare
- - Ability to keep on top of practise protocols and procedures
- - Excellent organisational skills
Originally founded in the 1940’s, East Park is based in the North Yorkshire Spa town of Harrogate East of the Yorkshire Dales National Park.
With its large waiting room, two spacious consulting rooms, x-ray and theatre, the practice staff pride themselves on delivering excellent service to clients and their pets within the local communities.