Lead Veterinary Surgeon
We have lots of great roles for those who share our values
Medivet Cranbrook is housed within a beautiful manor house in the lovely Kent countryside.
We have a large reception and office space, separate cat and dog wards, two large consult rooms, a well organised prep area and spacious sterile operating theatre. We have a comfortable staff lounge and kitchen as well as a garden for lunches in the sunshine.
We are equipped with ultrasound and digital x-ray plus lab machines including biochemistry, haematology, electrolytes, microscope and Vetscan Imagyst (AI digital cytology).
We have a lovely client base and our team sees a varied caseload with good connections to our sister clinics for support and transfer options.
A very exciting opportunity has arisen for a Lead Veterinary Surgeon to join us at Medivet Cranbrook in Kent.
This role has fantastic potential and lends itself to the successful candidates’ area of interest, with the opportunity to influence clinical direction. Ideal for someone with drive and eagerness to lead a friendly team and help develop the practice further.
This role covers 40 hours a week, spread across 4 working days per week, providing a great work-life balance. The shift pattern includes 1:3 Saturdays or 1:6 Full Weekends
Salary package up to £70,000 per annum depending on experience, to include:
- - 5 weeks' annual leave plus bank holidays
- - Attractive commission scheme
- - 4 weeks' paid sabbatical (after every 5 years of service)
- - Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Pay
- - £1,500 CPD Allowance plus 3 days CPD leave (FTE)
- - RCVS, BVA and VDS fees paid
- - Certificate funding
- - Vehicle allowance or company vehicle
- - Accommodation allowance
- - Fair share of the bank holiday and on-call rota to support our dedicated night team, if required
- - Access to Wellbeing support and EAP programme
- - Access to a wide range of discounts for days out, high street, and holidays
- - 100% attendance bonus schemes
- - 1-day 'Pet'ernity Leave
We also offer relocation allowances should you move more than 50 miles from your current home address.
We can also support Certificates of Sponsorship for a Tier 2 (General) Visa if you meet the criteria and are eligible to register as a veterinary surgeon with the RCVS upon arrival in the UK.
- - Manage the sales performance, budget, and overall profitability of the practice on a day-to-day basis
- - Ensure all team members provide quality and ethical care to all clients and their pets/livestock
- - Assess and examine and diagnose patients’ medical issues
- - Perform surgery, dress, and treat wounds
- - Perform diagnostic laboratory, imaging, and ultrasound testing where required
- - Prescribe medication
- - Promote preventative care by advocating and administering routine vaccinations and immunisations
- - Educate clients on positive lifestyle choices for pets/livestock
- - Euthanise patients
- - Ensure compliance with veterinary ethics and relevant statutes, policies, and procedures
Skills and experience:
- - Registered with the RCVS
- - Qualified MRCVS
- - Commitment to animal welfare
- - Ability to keep on top of practice protocols and procedures
- - Excellent organisational skills
Get to know our team!
At Medivet Cranbrook, our team delivers the most accessible, comprehensive, high-quality veterinary care possible. We offer a full range of veterinary services and facilities, treating every patient as if they were members of our own family. When we are closed on Saturdays, our Bearsted practice will be happy to see you and your pet.
For more information contact Nabi – email@example.com – 07961834919
We look forward to welcoming you to our practice
Apply today to become part of our family.
Progress your career with Medivet
Why join us?
We’re always looking for people who aspire to stand out in their field, and it’s this vision and enthusiasm that forms the foundation of how we work.
Search our opportunities and apply today to become part of our family.
How we work
Medivet is a family of passionate, supportive and thoughtful veterinary professionals. We work as one team to support each other, grow the business, and make sure every pet receives the very best care.
We care about our people, our clients and their pets
We’re forward thinking
These values motivate us to work together to continually improve everything we do.
We work as one team
Meet some of our people
Learn more about life at Medivet from colleagues in clinical and non-clinical roles.
“I branched out to other companies, but returned to Medivet having not found the same family community elsewhere.”
“I thought I was going to stay for two years and move on to the next job but I fell in love with the team and the spirit of everything.”
Apply for Lead Veterinary Surgeon
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly