Lead Veterinary Surgeon
We have lots of great roles for those who share our values
Our Lead Vets are responsible for directing the practice and its staff in providing the very best care to clients and pets. You’ll also have an engaged interest in the running of the practice and be rewarded for its success.
The ideal candidate should be competent in practice with a minimum of 2 years experience (UK or equivalent).
This candidate should be a motivated individual who possesses leadership qualities, excellent communication, and a passion for patient and client care. Strong management and mentor skills are essential as you will play a crucial part within the team.
This role covers 40 hours a week, spread across 4 working days per week, providing a great work-life balance. The shift pattern includes 1:3 Saturdays or 1:6 Full weekends
Salary package up to £60,000 per annum depending on experience, to include:
- - 5 weeks' annual leave (FTE)
- - 4 weeks' paid sabbatical (after every 5 years of service)
- - Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Pay
- - CPD Allowance £1,500 plus 3 days CPD leave (FTE), along with exceptional in-house CPD training
- - RCVS, BVA, and VDS fees paid
- - Vehicle allowance or Company Vehicle
- - Accommodation allowance
- - Access to Wellbeing support and EAP programme
- - Access to a wide range of discounts for days out, high street, and on holidays
- - 100% attendance bonus schemes
- - 1-day' Pet'ernity Leave
Weekend work on a fair rota basis with time back in lieu.
We also offer relocation allowances should you move more than 50 miles from your current home address.
We can also support Certificates of Sponsorship for a Tier 2 (General) Visa if you meet the criteria and are eligible to register as a veterinary surgeon with the RCVS upon arrival in the UK.
- - Manage the sales performance, budget, and overall profitability of the practice on a day-to-day basis
- - Ensure all team members provide quality and ethical care to all clients and their pets/livestock
- - Assess and examine and diagnose patients’ medical issues
- - Perform surgery, dress, and treat wounds
- - Perform diagnostic laboratory, imaging, and ultrasound testing where required
- - Prescribe medication
- - Promote preventative care by advocating and administering routine vaccinations and immunisations
- - Educate clients on positive lifestyle choices for pets/livestock
- - Euthanise patients
- - Ensure compliance with veterinary ethics and relevant statutes, policies, and procedures
Skills and experience:
- - Registered with the RCVS
- - Qualified MRCVS
- - Commitment to animal welfare
- - Ability to keep on top of practice protocols and procedures
- - Excellent organisational skills
Previously known as Anna House Veterinary Clinic, our kind and caring team of vets at Folkestone Sandgate Hill deliver exceptional care in the Kent area. Offering a wide range of services and facilities, we promise to always treat your pet as if they were our own.
Medivet Folkestone Sandgate Hill has been awarded a Silver Standard Cat-Friendly Clinic Award from the International Society of Feline Medicine (ISFM). This was in recognition of its efforts to create a cat-friendly practice and to reduce the stress suffered by feline patients during a visit.
Sandgate is a lovely place to live. The waterfront is a fantastic place to enjoy for pleasure or exercise or just to stroll with your pets! Sandgate village has everything you need and there are now some fantastic restaurants and cafes. The BEST pizza is at Il Forno!
The Folkestone and Sandgate have two of the best places to send your children for a good education.
Sandgate has a small High Street, there isn't a chain store in sight. Instead, it has furniture shops barbers, restaurants, pubs, newsagents, and antique shops.
For more information contact Nabi – email@example.com – 07961834919
Apply today to become part of our family.
Progress your career with Medivet
Why join us?
We’re always looking for people who aspire to stand out in their field, and it’s this vision and enthusiasm that forms the foundation of how we work.
Search our opportunities and apply today to become part of our family.
How we work
Medivet is a family of passionate, supportive and thoughtful veterinary professionals. We work as one team to support each other, grow the business, and make sure every pet receives the very best care.
We care about our people, our clients and their pets
We’re forward thinking
These values motivate us to work together to continually improve everything we do.
We work as one team
Meet some of our people
Learn more about life at Medivet from colleagues in clinical and non-clinical roles.
“I branched out to other companies, but returned to Medivet having not found the same family community elsewhere.”
“I thought I was going to stay for two years and move on to the next job but I fell in love with the team and the spirit of everything.”
Apply for Lead Veterinary Surgeon
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly