Lead Veterinary Surgeon
We are seeking a Lead Veterinary Surgeon to join our successful Branch Welling.
By joining our professional, personable team in the practice, you’ll deliver exceptional care by going beyond consulting to listening and empathising, putting patients and clients first, always.
As a qualified MRCVS, you’ll already have good experience gained in small animal practice. You’ll be competent in clinical examination and surgery and confident working in sole charge or as part of the wider team.
You will also display good communication skills and the desire to share your knowledge and skills by being an outstanding, positive example to others. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 2 years of UK small animal practice (or UK equivalent) experience and be confident in their recommendations and practices to a high standard using an evidence-based approach. You will have a mixed combination of both Medical and surgical cases
Salary and Benefits:
This role works to a 4-day week plus 1:3 or 1:6 full weekends.
You will receive a comprehensive range of benefits including:
- - Salary package up to £65,000 depending on experience
- - 5 weeks' annual leave
- - 4 weeks' paid sabbatical (after every 5 years of service)
- - Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Pay
- - CPD Allowance £1,500 plus 3 days CPD leave per annum (FTE)
- - RCVS, BVA and VDS fees paid
- - Vehicle allowance or Company Vehicle
- - Accommodation allowance (relocation allowance up to 50 miles)
- - Access to Wellbeing support and EAP programme
- - Access to a wide range of discounts for days out, high street, and on holidays
- - 100% attendance bonus schemes
- - 1-day 'Pet'ernity Leave
- - Certificate funding
Skills and experience:
- - You must be a registered Veterinary Surgeon with the RCVS
- - Ideally, you will have at least 2 years of UK (or UK equivalent) veterinary experience and are interested in branch partnership opportunities
Our practice was founded in the 1930s and originally treated farm animals and police horses.
Now you'll find an experienced team of vets and nurses dedicated to providing your pet with exceptional care. We offer an excellent range of facilities and services to meet all of your pet's needs.