We’re a community of passionate veterinary professionals committed to providing truly exceptional care. We’re set on building something extraordinary: creating the most forward-thinking and innovative place in the veterinary industry.
We’re always looking for people who aspire to stand out in their field, and it’s this vision and enthusiasm that forms the foundation of how we work.
Our mission to deliver progressive, around-the-clock care means our employees have the very best equipment and treatment options available, including in-house MRI machines and state-of-the-art operating theatres.
We provide ongoing support to our teams, both in practice and through our dedicated training centre. This empowers you to get the very best from our advanced equipment while being on your journey to veterinary excellence.
We are currently seeking a Veterinary Surgeon to join our close-knit team.
The ideal candidate will have at least 2+ years experience (UK or equivalent) and be a confident all-rounder. Our highly experienced branch partner is a keen teacher for anyone wishing to develop their skills further.
You should possess excellent communication and a passion for patient and client care.
This role provides a great work-life balance, as this is a full-time permanent role, 4 days a week (usually the same day off each week). 8.30 am - 6.30 pm finish - although usually have one shift finishing at 5.30 pm, two finishing at 6 pm and one shift at 6.30 pm with an hour lunch break.
1 Saturday in 3-morning shifts.
This role is also open to Veterinary Surgeons looking for part-time doing 2 days a week plus 1 in 6 Saturdays.
The position is based mainly in our Redruth branch but also our Camborne branch too - one day a week.
Salary & Benefits:
- Competitive package of up to £60,000 per annum depending on experience
- Accommodation allowance and a vehicle or vehicle allowance
- £1,500 CPD allowance with 3 days CPD leave, and in-house CPD training VDS, RCVS, and BVA fees paid
- 5 weeks annual leave plus bank holidays
- Fantastic career progression and partnership opportunities.
- Colleague of the month awards, Hills staff feeding schemes, plus many more benefits available!
Skills and experience:
- You must be a Veterinary Surgeon who is registered with the RCVS
- Ideally, you have at least 2 years of veterinary experience with small animals (UK or equivalent) and be a confident all rounder
Medivet Redruth has ISFM cat award silver - the only reason we didn't get Gold is that we do not do our own OOH
Separate dog/cat wards
Separate cat waiting area in reception.
Purpose-built building at Redruth - 2 operating rooms, imaging suite, dental room, lab, 4 consult rooms
Near to the coast to enjoy the best bits about Cornwall and the sunny beaches
Very supportive team