Lead Veterinary Surgeon – Flexible Hours
Are you a forward thinking, motivated vet looking to progress your career within a modern, growing practice? Whatever you’re looking for in your veterinary career, you’ll find it here with us.
In joining us at Trowbridge Vets4Pets, you can expect to receive a great remuneration package including:
- Salary of £60,000 to £85,000 commensurate with experience
- 37.5 hours per week
- 6.6 weeks holiday
- Private Health Cover
- Enhanced sick leave pay
- Life Assurance 4 x Annual Salary
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Paid memberships (RCVS, BVA, VDS)
- Dedicated and generous CPD allowance including 5 paid days to attend as a minimum
- Funding and support towards Certificates available
- Flexible working hours
- Just 1 in 4 weekends which are inclusive of your 37.5 hours
- No OOH
- Relocation allowance up to £5000*
- Cycle to work scheme
- Access to Colleague Assistance Programmes – Retail Trust, Port of Call and MHFA
- Exclusive company discounts and rewards – including 20% off at Pets at Home, The Groom Room and Vet Group
- First day at School leave, Flying the nest leave and new roost leave
- Compassionate Leave Day if you lose a pet
- Extended compassionate leave for family bereavement
We are proud to be a multiple award-winning practice under the Practice Standard Scheme, RCVS accredited, Silver accredited cat friendly status and RWAF accredited.
The practice itself is based in a thriving Pets at Home store, in a modern, purpose-built practice with digital x-ray, blood pressure monitoring, laparoscopy, full in-house lab, separate dog, cats and exotics kennel wards and fully equipped operating theatre.
Supported by a very experienced nursing team offering a high ratio of nurse to vet support. Our nurses are equipped and enabled to do all the work you don’t have too, allowing you to concentrate on providing the highest level of veterinary care.
Growing all the time and seeing a variety of interesting surgical and medical cases, we are now looking for a veterinary surgeon to join our existing team of 3 veterinary surgeons, 6 qualified veterinary nurses,
1 trainee veterinary nurse, 2 veterinary nursing assistants and 4 receptionists all supported by the clinical and admin team leaders. The role will be to support the Joint Venture Partner in providing clinical leadership to our vets and working alongside the existing leadership team to enhance a productive and positive working environment and culture.
We know how important work life balance is so we offer this role with a flexible rota if desired, as well as 15-minute consults as standard with “catch up” time built into the diary. You will have a protected lunch break and dedicated admin time for your telephone calls etc.
In return for working in a great practice with loyal clients and supportive colleagues, we are looking for an experienced team player, who will be enthusiastic and self-motivated. You will have great communication, general surgical and medical skills.
To find out more about this exciting opportunity, simply email Ben email@example.com or apply by clicking the apply button.
We are an equal opportunities employer.
Location: BA14 0RQ
*Direct applicants only