Veterinary Surgeon required at Sussex Coast Vets in Bexhill, East Sussex
We're looking for an enthusiastic Veterinary Surgeon to join our friendly team at Sussex Coast Vets. We're a busy small animal multi-site practice. We're looking for someone with a passion for providing the highest level of Veterinary care, whilst always striving to achieve excellent client service through clear and effective communication with a compassionate approach.
The full-time position is a 4-day week with a 1:4 working weekend schedule. Part time applications will also be considered for the right individual. We have our own dedicated night team, so there's no requirement for out of hours cover. We offer a very competitive package with many benefits, including excellent clinical exposure and varied working day.
- The salary for the role is up to £50,000, dependent on experience
- Welcome Bonus: £2,000
- Relocation package: up to £5,000
Sussex Coast Vets is a well-established multi-site practice serving the Hastings and Bexhill area. The clinic is equipped with the full range of diagnostic laboratory equipment, digital x-ray, Doppler ultrasound, endoscopy, and excellent facilities.
East Sussex is an area steeped in history, with beautiful countryside, stunning coastlines, and an abundance of choice within the art, sports, and leisure scenes, with something to suit everyone! We also have the convenience of great links to Brighton, London, and Gatwick airport.
Team and Culture
Here at Sussex Coast Vets, we are seeking new team members who have an innovative attitude and want to be a part of an exciting time of team growth and maintaining our reputable service. Our valued and talented team, comprises Veterinary Surgeons, to Registered and Trainee Student Nurses, as well as our dedicated Receptionist and Support team function. We welcome vets with a range of experience to Sussex Coast, including those with interests in orthopaedics, exotics, ultrasonography, and emergency care. We have Embedded a supportive culture at Sussex Coast, allowing for investment in our employee's skill set and specific interests through further study, clinical case exposure and training.
Not an opportunity to be missed! We're looking for a bright, personable, enthusiastic, and energetic Veterinary Surgeon, eager for the challenges of a bustling practice with an emphasis on achieving gold standard care and providing excellent client service. Excellent communication skills, the ability to work well within a team and a strong work ethic is essential. We will consider veterinary surgeons of all levels, from new graduates to certificate holders.
Because our employee's matter
We recognise that our people are fundamental to the success of our business. Investing in our people, premises and processes is at the heart of what we do. In addition to a competitive base salary, you will benefit from:
- 6.6 weeks annual leave (5.6 weeks if part time)
- Increasing holiday allowance based on length of service
- Your birthday as a paid day off
- Private medical insurance
- Enhanced family-friendly policies, including maternity/paternity/adoption/shared parental and surrogacy pay
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Initiatives focused on employee well-being
- Non-accidental injury support
- £1,200 CPD allowance with 5 days paid pro-rata
- Certificate support
- Learning and development opportunities via the IVC Evidensia Academy
- Access to Vetlexicon – our online encyclopaedia provider
- All our Vets & Nurses can apply for research funding
- All our Vets get £1000 per annum to spend via our Care Fund
- Infection Prevention and Control Programme
- Quality Improvement Programme
- BVA membership
- VDS cover
- RCVS fees
- Pawsome Benefits – reward gateway giving discounts and cashback with 100’s of retailers
- Pension – 5% Employee/3% Employer
- Discounted staff pet care
As a BAME and LGBTQ+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer, we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long-term health conditions and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch and quote reference BH6629.
To apply, please email your CV to Olivia at firstname.lastname@example.org by clicking the apply button or call 07797724566 for more information.