Small Animal Veterinary Surgeon -Full or Part-Time
Are you an experienced vet looking for a job to fit around you and your needs?
We are looking for a full or part-time vet to be based at our Sherwood, Netherfield, and Arnold branches. A flexible working pattern will be considered to help tailor the job around the needs of yourself and the practice.
As a qualified MRCVS, you’ll already have good experience gained in small animal practice. You’ll be competent in clinical examination and surgery and confident working in sole charge or as part of the wider team. Sharing our values of being trustworthy, caring, and progressive, you will have all the softer skills essential to working effectively, building trusting relationships with your colleagues, and harnessing our one-team culture. You will also display good communication skills and the desire to share your knowledge and skills by being an outstanding, positive example to others.
This is a full-time role working 39 hours a week over 4 days, plus 1:3 half or 1:6 full weekends but this can be varied for the right applicant.
Salary package up to £67,369 PA, including:
- - Accommodation allowance
- - Company vehicle or vehicle allowance
- - CPD allowance
- - Payment of RCVS, VDS & BVA fees
- - Relocation package of up to £2000
- - 3 days of paid CPD leave per year
- - 5 weeks annual leave plus bank holidays per annum
- - 4 day week plus 1:3 half or 1:6 full weekend
- - Pension scheme
- - Paid sabbatical after five years’ service
- - Funded Certificate opportunities
- - Annual pay reviews
- - Additional paid leave for exceptional attendance
- - Colleague purchase scheme
- - Enhanced maternity/paternity leave
- - Hapibenefits – Receive a range of discounts on your shopping, entertainment, and meals out
- - 24-hour access to wellbeing and employee assistance program
We can also support Certificates of Sponsorship for a Tier 2 (General) Visa if you meet the criteria and are eligible to register as a veterinary surgeon with the RCVS upon arrival in the UK.
Medivet is growing rapidly and it is an exciting time to join us - we encourage growth and development within your role and are truly committed to helping our Medivet family members achieve their goals.
Skills and experience:
- - You must be registered as a vet with the RCVS to apply for this position
Medivet Sherwood is located in the town centre close to all amenities, and only 1.5 miles from Nottingham city centre. Nottingham is situated in central England’s Midlands region and in close proximity to east midlands airport. It is known for its role in the Robin Hood legend and the hilltop Nottingham Castle Museum and Art Gallery, rebuilt many times since the medieval era.
Sherwood is the main practice with branches at Netherfield and Arnold. Facilities available include, ultrasound/digital X-ray/ECG, this practice has been newly redecorated.
As well as our in-house services at Medivet Sherwood, you’ll also get access to all the services available across the entire Medivet group, which include MRI and CT.