Equine Vet | Devon/Cornwall Border
We are currently recruiting an enthusiastic equine vet to join our client who are based on the Devon/Cornwall border.
Friendly, supportive, eight-Vet equine team with a balanced ‘work-life’ approach seeks an enthusiastic colleague. You can expect a warm welcome, great support, lots of banter, laughter, and encouragement to work at your best. They work to high clinical standards with excellent client and patient care, whilst making time to enjoy the stunning local beaches, moors, and countryside which are in one of the most beautiful parts of the UK.
Type of work
The type of work will be largely based around established pleasure, sport horse, racing, stud client base, ambulatory and clinic-based work.
Clinic and diagnostic facilities
They have high quality portable equipment, including video gastroscope and endoscopes, two Cuatro Slate Hub DR units, digital ultrasound scanners, and shockwave. Newly refurbished operating theatre and lameness diagnostic facilities. New Leonardo Dual 45 diode laser BEVA approved AI with onsite stocks, stabling, and paddocks.
Independence and support
Responsibility for your own cases, including work ups at the clinic. You will be working alongside experienced colleagues. Regular clinical club meetings and mentoring. Frequently visited by external specialists in all spheres.
- Remuneration according to experience
- Genuine flexible 1 in 8 rota
- Part-time / flexible working hours will be considered
- 6 weeks paid holiday including Bank Holidays
- Opportunity to buy and sell holidays
- £1,750 CPD allowance per annum – more if a certificate holder
- HealthShield – wide ranging contributions for health and wellbeing treatments – from dentistry to sports massage
- RCVS, BVA Memberships paid plus one other membership subscription
- VDS cover
- Enhanced paternity, maternity, adoption, shared parental leave and surrogacy pay
- Discounted Veterinary fees
- My Benefits – various discounts including retail & gym memberships
- Cycle to Work scheme
- CPD/training support
- Company sick pay
- Colleague engagement survey
- Annual pay reviews
- Focus on employee wellbeing
- Career progression opportunities.