New Graduate Small Animal Veterinary Surgeon | South Wales
We are currently recruiting for a new graduate for our client based in South.
Our client pride themselves on their clinical standards and patient care. Gold Standard Cat Friendly practice. They are currently a four-Vet team with a range of experience and expertise, who are supported by an experienced and enthusiastic nursing team.
As this is a small team, there is a lot of opportunity to learn with experienced support, and you will have less competition for the interesting cases! They are expanding rapidly and hope that the right candidate will be able to grow with them.
Being a New Graduate Vet you will be part of a Graduate Development Programme. Through this, you’ll be able to embrace a blended learning approach of training days, in-house mentoring, CPD, and clinical practice, creating a varied platform for you to grow and develop as a Veterinary Surgeon. You will be offered both supportive 1-to-1 and group mentoring sessions, for engagement and interaction, as you develop an invaluable skillset. From surgical/medical experience, to enjoying teamwork, providing refined customer service, and gaining business knowledge to support the security of great patient care.
3 out of our 4 Vets are VetGDP advisors, so we are well-placed to provide support, if needed. We have a dedicated cat area with ISFM gold accreditation, and all the usual kit (digital x-ray, ultrasound, etc.), and plenty of opportunities for surgical time with a high first opinion caseload.
The rota for this role is 4-day week, working 9-6. However, they can be flexible if different hours or part-time working is preferred. 1:3 – 1:4 Saturday mornings, working 9-12. No OOH.
What they can offer:
• 6.6 weeks paid holiday, including Bank Holidays
• Starting salary of £32,000
• Health Shield – wide ranging contributions for health and wellbeing treatments, from dentistry to sports massage
• RCVS Membership paid, plus two other membership subscriptions
• VDS cover
• Enhanced paternity, maternity, adoption, shared parental leave, and surrogacy pay
• Discounted Veterinary fees
• My Benefits – various discounts including retail, and gym memberships
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Buy and sell holiday
• Company sick pay
• Career progression opportunities