Business Development Manager (Remote working) | German Speaking
Job Profile –Business Development Manager
The main aim of the role is to profitably build the business across the territories and support the existing business operations by:
- Identifying and delivering new business opportunities Identifying new potential customers and further develop existing relationships Supporting curriculum developments and reviews
Establish and profitably develop relationships with Corporates and Buying Groups:
- Establish regular communications with the appropriate staff in the territories to ensure knowledge of, and uptake of, our products. Develop and sell ‘corporate specific products’ such as closed or bespoke courses, paired modules, career path etc. (Plus, dry hire, especially in new facilities, where we have extra capacity) Where an existing discount agreement is in place, work to increase overall enrolments and achieve internal and external targets Work and liaise with the Business Development Director, Global Sales manager and Operational Heads to ensure it’s within context of any global corporate or group deals.
Establish and profitably develop relationships with Suppliers/Sponsors:
- Search for, and negotiate with, new potential; sponsors, wholesalers; equipment suppliers, petfood manufacturers, pharmaceuticals companies to develop a range of ways they can support the business including: supplying/loaning equipment for courses, sponsoring courses, training, dry hire facilities. Liaise with Operational Heads/Head of Practical.
- Review curriculum and suggest changes and additions based on information from Operations in liaison with the ISVPS Academic Board Director and Head of Curriculum Establish and/or develop relationships with potential (new) speakers and key opinion leaders to help increase Improve International reputation and market share and help develop new products. Define, in collaboration with the Operational Heads, which courses to offer in each of the territories.
Project Initiation, Development and Management
- Having Identified new business opportunities, (including new courses) develop the project requirements in line with company strategy and prepare project plans required for approval (with ISVPS Academic Board Director and Head of Curriculum), prioritisation, and allocation of resources. Develop work plans and timelines in conjunction with key stakeholders including how and who will manage it when it becomes Business as Usual (BAU). Manage the project and update team members and senior management and provide information to produce marketing and sales collateral. Review commercially appropriate ways of repurposing existing material
Sales and Marketing
- Working with the sales team use your strategic local knowledge to support the increase in enrolments on all courses including strategies to market and maximise sales conversion rates
- Create product fact sheets for all courses to support marketing and sales and ensure all marketing material is produced in an accurate and timely manner, including the sign off marketing material such as brochures. Identify and report on competitors in the market, including threats to the development of the business and suggest and, if appropriate, implement strategies for our growth for the market. Work together with the Marketing team to define the best marketing approach to the territory and help the marketing teams to get course feedback from delegates When appropriate, provide native language components to the marketing collateral, plus regular e-news bulletins, as well as keep the marketing team updated on hot topics/state of the industry that can be feed into social media and other available channels. Help develop the existing database of vets and nurses in the territory Ensure that the information displayed on the website is current and updated (Liaise with Business Development and Operations as appropriate).
- In liaison with operations and the business development director, develop and own the territory budget including determining which courses to be offered, pricing and targets.
Other business opportunities
- Pursue any other business opportunity that may arise, linked to our business strategy. Keep your line manager updated on these pursuits. In liaison with the Academic Directors, develop relationships with regulatory bodies: local professional colleges, Universities and other regulatory bodies or associations. Identify potential acquisitions opportunities, and if appropriate, support the acquisition if they proceed Identify potential areas for a license or reseller activity
General Operations Support
- Using your strategic local knowledge, support operations in sourcing cadavers, including promoting the pet gifting scheme, and sourcing live dogs for training Where appropriate, lead the search for new course venues and/or support the building of new facilities Occasional assistance, if required, on local logistical or compliance issues.
Qualifications and experience:
- Qualified veterinarian Business and project management experience Good financial acumen Competent of speaking & writing in German
- Excellent problem solving skills Ability to build and develop relationships at all levels A self-starter comfortable with working remotely and with colleagues in a variety of international locations Self-motivated and autonomous with effective time management abilities Flexible and able to travel nationally and internationally as required