Permanent Registered Veterinary Nurse – Colchester Advanced Veterinary Practice
An exciting opportunity has arisen for both Registered Veterinary nurses and students alike to work in a brand-new state of the art facility from the first day of opening in September 2022!
Become part of our team made up of 15 Vets, 15 RVN’s, 6 Apprentice SVN’s, 10 VCA’s, 10 CCA’s and 3 practice managers.
Our friendly, highly skilled group of Veterinary Surgeons include Surgery and Medicine certificate holders supported by 14 other vets working towards certificates in Emergency and Critical Care, Diagnostic imaging, Cardiology, Ophthalmology, Small Animal Medicine, Small Animal Surgery, Exotics and Endoscopy.
The brand new, modern, state of art Advanced Practice in Stanway is designed and built with 3 objectives in mind: great client journey, excellent patient care and equally important, great working environment for our colleagues.
We offer 24 hrs in patient care, CT scans, Endoscopy, Arthroscopy, Advanced Orthopaedic procedures, Advanced ultrasound, Laparoscopic procedures including spays in addition to everything else generally offered by a 1st opinion veterinary practice. To promote excellent patient care and comfort we have a dedicated ICU unit as well as 4 separate patient wards with top of the range fully climate controlled enclosures.
Our in store practice inside Pets at Home will continue to offer a full range of first opinion veterinary care, transferring more complex cases and overnight care to the Advanced Practice.
While working across our two busy practices, you will be fully encouraged to use all your RVN skills optimally, some examples of the equally shared RVN duties:
- 2nd Vaccines
- Monthly medicated injections
- Medication checks for selected repeat medications
- Long term medical case management e.g., diabetics, thyroid cases
- Triage emergency cases
- Processing repeat prescription requests
- Assisting CCA’s with clinical client enquiries
- CT scans
- X-rays including dental x-rays
- Assisting with the inductions/ performing local anaesthetics
- Anaesthetic monitoring
- Schedule 3 procedures
- Scrubbing in with vets during surgical procedures and assisting with endoscopy and arthroscopy
- Laboratory work
- Intensive care of critical patients
- Post orthopaedic procedure patient care
- In house 24hr patient care.
- Salary to match your expectations, experience and skillsets
- Funded post graduate certificate studies
- Clinical Coach duties
- 4 day working weeks
- 1 in 3 weekends working
- 4 long weekends off every 9 weeks
- Only 5 night shifts every 9 weeks
- 1st and 2nd year students welcome to apply
As you would expect from the market leader in small animal veterinary care, we offer:
- Excellent career opportunities, with support for long term development (including certificates)
- Contributory Pension scheme
- Paid memberships (RCVS and VDS)
- Gym membership
- Exclusive company discounts and rewards
If you share our passion for delivering outstanding pet healthcare, great customer service and would like to join our team we would love to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunities employer.
For more information and a confidential, no strings attached conversation- please ring or WhatsApp Laura on +44 (0)7719 046 995, email email@example.com or click the apply button to submit an application.