Lead Veterinary Surgeon
We have lots of great roles for those who share our values
Due to an internal move, an exciting opportunity has arisen for a Veterinary Surgeon to lead our friendly team at Medivet Hyde Park in Central London.
This role has fantastic potential and lends itself to the successful candidates’ area of interest, with the opportunity to influence clinical direction.
If you’re a certificate holder (or working towards one) you would also have the opportunity to take internal patient transfers from across our Central London regions.
This role works to our 4-day week (09:00-19:00) with 1:3 half or 1:6 full weekends.
Full-time salary package up to £72,000 per annum depending on experience to include:
- - 5 weeks' annual leave plus bank holidays
- - 4 weeks' paid sabbatical (after every 5 years of service)
- - Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Pay
- - Potential to enhance your earnings
- - £1,500 CPD Allowance plus 3 days CPD leave (FTE)
- - RCVS, BVA and VDS fees paid
- - Certificate funding
- - Vehicle allowance or company vehicle
- - Accommodation allowance
- - Fair share of the bank holiday and on-call rota to support our dedicated night team, if required
- - Access to Wellbeing support and EAP programme
- - Access to a wide range of discounts for days out, high street, and holidays
- - 100% attendance bonus schemes
- - 1-day 'Pet'ernity Leave
If desired, this role also offers the opportunity to co-own and run your practice as a Branch Partner!
- Unlike joint venture partnerships, we’re redefining what it means to work together – as we and our Branch Partners both share in the costs and profit, we’re true equity partners.
- We’re flexible about how much equity you purchase (up to 50%) and offer support in securing a loan
- We work with you to find the right clinic for you
- Joining Medivet will give you access to state-of-the-art equipment and specialists in our group, enabling you to remain invested in cases and practice as a large hospital – this is made possible through our unique hub and spoke model and internal case sharing
- Our Support Centre team will help you take care of all the non-clinical aspects of running a practice – giving you the option to gain experience from them
- You will have a dedicated Clinical Operations team supporting you as you develop so your career choices are never limited
- You will have the freedom to practice in the way we were taught at university; our community is built on trust
- You’ll be part of an 800 strong vet community, unlike independent practice owner
- Your hard work, input, and leadership are reflected in your compensation
- A true work/life balance working four-day weeks, enjoying six weeks’ holiday, and excellent maternity and paternity benefit
- You can sell your equity at any time, retaining complete control of your career.
- You have a hand in building the best place to work in the veterinary industry!
Skills and experience:
We require a minimum of 3 years' UK small animal practice (or UK equivalent) experience.
It would suit someone with a client-oriented approach and excellent communication skills to continue building strong relationships with our clients.
The successful candidate will work to a high standard both medically and surgically and have the drive and eagerness to help develop this practice further.
Medivet Hyde Park is a lovely clinic, located in the luxury retail quarter of Connaught Village, right on Hyde Park's doorstep and only a short walk to Oxford Street.
It is a 2-vet practice with minimal sole charge, working alongside our second vet, Laura. Laura has an interest in Imaging so does many ultrasounds for the clinic.
We have a great nursing team made up of our HVN, RVN, SVN, and Receptionist. The team are friendly and likes to get together occasionally outside of work at the pub down the street.
There are 2 consults, a very nice theatre, and gorgeous boutique, and dog-groomers onsite.
Medivet Hyde Park feeds into our Kensington 24-Hour Hospital where our devoted night team manage all out of hour care. We also have a dedicated Ambulance Driver to transport patients within the region.
What does a day at Hyde Park look like?
The caseload is varied from lump removals, exploratory laparotomies, abdominal ultrasounds, and dental and x-rays.
The day starts with surgery, procedure admissions, and consults.
The procedures vet will admit the patients booked in for surgery with the support of our operations nurse or patient care assistant, before getting started on the procedures once all patients are admitted.
The second vet is in charge of morning consults which are 30-minute blocks to allow plenty of time for a thorough clinical examination, any necessary diagnostics such as bloodwork or cytology, and also plenty of time to update owners on the condition and discuss plans and treatment options.
After a break in the middle of the day for lunch, the afternoon is dedicated to consults (both vets and nurse consults) and discharges of any hospitalised or day patients.
Apply today to become part of our family.
Progress your career with Medivet
Why join us?
We’re always looking for people who aspire to stand out in their field, and it’s this vision and enthusiasm that forms the foundation of how we work.
Search our opportunities and apply today to become part of our family.
How we work
Medivet is a family of passionate, supportive and thoughtful veterinary professionals. We work as one team to support each other, grow the business, and make sure every pet receives the very best care.
We care about our people, our clients and their pets
We’re forward thinking
These values motivate us to work together to continually improve everything we do.
We work as one team
Meet some of our people
Learn more about life at Medivet from colleagues in clinical and non-clinical roles.
“I branched out to other companies, but returned to Medivet having not found the same family community elsewhere.”
“I thought I was going to stay for two years and move on to the next job but I fell in love with the team and the spirit of everything.”
Apply for Lead Veterinary Surgeon
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly