Lead Veterinary Surgeon - New Ferry, Birkenhead, Wirral
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Veterinary Surgeon to join our Parkside practice in New Ferry, Wirral as a Lead Vet, this will be a fully supported move if this is the next step in your career.
You will be working alongside Dugie our Clinical Director, Dugie is very experienced in orthopaedics and laproscopic spays.
- Salary including accommodation/vehicle allowance up to £74,100 dependent on experience for 4 day week
- Small Animal practice with a varied caseload - potential for significant surgical and medical cases depending on clinical interests.
- Laparoscopic surgery, Orthopaedic surgical cases.
- Work alongside our other experienced Vets - support with cases and case discussions encouraged
- Have a passion for delivering outstanding care to your patients, as well as a first-class service to your clients with a focus on case continuity.
- Experienced nursing team and Practice Manager.
- The role is full time working 39 hours per week over 4 days
- 5 weeks annual leave plus bank holidays
- CPD allowance of £1,500 plus 3 days CPD leave
- VDS, RCVS, BVA fees paid
- The practice is equipped with the latest facilities, as well as our in-house services at New Ferry you will also get access to all the service
- Access to diploma level imaging and inhouse surgical referral for more complex cases
- Discover the Wirral - have access to cities of Liverpool and Chester and be in North Wales within 30 minutes.
Skills and experience:
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 2 years' UK small animal practice (or UK equivalent) experience. You must have a client-oriented approach and excellent communication skills, work to a very high standard both medically and surgically and have the drive and ambition to help develop this practice further. You will assigned a buddy on joining Medivet as well as being supported by our community of vets in the region as well as our regional management team.
You will be confident working sole charge with the ability to make sound clinical judgement, however you will have the support of many other practices in the region. In return we will provide an excellent career progression and work life balance, fantastic packages and the chance to be involved in cases using state-of-the-art technology. We provide all of this whilst you continue to develop your career and get the most job satisfaction. You will have the chance to make this practice the true heart of the community, not just in location but also in spirit!
This role is an fantastic opportunity to be based in our New Ferry branch with some work at our Wallasey branch also available and to really drive and develop the practice and team within all being fully supported along the way with other experienced vets, nurses and managers.
The clinic is well established and has a lovely client base.