Mobile Head Registered Veterinary Nurse
We are looking for a Registered Veterinary Nurse to join the teams in our Leicestershire Birstall Region.
Our main hospital has a good surgical and medical caseload, which will enable you to develop your nursing skills fully. You will be supported by a large team of nursing staff including RVNs, SVNs, and Patient Care Assistants. As this role is for a mobile position you will also be required to work in other surrounding branches as part of your rota.
This position provides you with the opportunity to develop nursing clinics and use your initiative to promote new ideas.
Strong mentorship and support will be available to help you develop your career and get the most satisfaction from your role. You will have the opportunity to form part of a community of Head nurses, a platform whose activity promotes the sharing of ideas and suggestions with other head nurses within the region.
Clinical coach experience would be desirable, with a passion to support and develop future student nurses whilst leading by example. You will be fully supported within your move and we will offer full management training through our dedicated in-house Head Veterinary Nurse development program.
This is a full-time permanent position, covering 40 hours per week. You will also be part of a weekend rota, covering 1:6 full weekends.
Medivet is growing rapidly and it is an exciting time to join us - we encourage growth and development within your role and are truly committed to helping our Medivet family members achieve their goals.
Salary & Benefits:
- - Competitive salary of up to £30,000 per annum, depending on experience
- - Generous CPD allowance.
- - Ongoing training relevant to your role
- - RCVS and VDS fees paid
- - Enhanced maternity and paternity leave
- - 4-5 weeks of paid annual leave (depending on your qualification status)
- - Exclusive company discounts and rewards
- - A friendly, supportive environment within a rewarding role
And much more!
Skills and experience:
- - Previous experience working in a small animal practice is required
- - You must be a Veterinary Nurse who is registered with the RCVS
We have 7 practices in the Leicester Birstall family: Birstall 24hr, Thurmaston, Syston, Shepshed, Loughborough, Leicester, and Oadby.