Veterinary Surgeon (Part-Time)
Building the best place to work in the veterinary industry is creating exceptional opportunities for people like you.
Here, you won’t just be part of the team, you’ll be part of our nationwide family. We’ve built a network of 330 practices with 20 state-of-the-art 24-hour centres that are all home to a family of professionals who provide a high standard of care. You won’t just help to deliver care, you’ll deliver exceptional care for your patients and clients. And you’ll do it all supported by your colleagues and some of the best training and development in the industry.
Join us where we’re building better every day.
We are seeking a Part-Time Veterinary Surgeon to join our lovely Canonbury practice in North London.
This role will work on a 3-day week with 1:3 half or 1:6 full weekends and would suit someone with an imaging or surgical interest to complement the current team.
Medivet Canonbury is a 3.5-vet branch with a large nursing and support team, it is well equipped with 2 cat consults, 2 dog consults, pet shop/large reception, digital x-ray, lab, and ultrasound.
Joining our national network of veterinary surgeons at Medivet offers exceptional opportunities for career development while enjoying a very competitive salary package.
Salary package up to £48,000 per annum depending on experience to include:
- - 5 weeks' annual leave plus bank holidays
- - 4 weeks' paid sabbatical (after every 5 years of service)
- - Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Pay
- - £1,500 CPD Allowance plus 3 days CPD leave (FTE)
- - RCVS, BVA and VDS fees paid
- - Vehicle allowance or Company Vehicle
- - Accommodation allowance
- - Access to Wellbeing support and EAP programme
- - Access to a wide range of discounts for days out, high street, and holidays
- - 100% attendance bonus schemes
- - 1-day 'Pet'ernity Leave
We also offer relocation allowances should you move more than 50 miles from your current home address.
We can also support Certificates of Sponsorship for a Tier 2 (General) Visa if you meet the criteria and are eligible to register as a veterinary surgeon with the RCVS upon arrival in the UK.
Skills and experience:
- - Independent case management
- - medical and surgical
- - Imaging or surgical interest preferred as this would suit the current in clinic skillset
Canonbury is a residential area of Islington in the London Borough of Islington, North London.
Canonbury has a lovely character, lots of established trees, and well-maintained houses and streets. Feels very safe and secure, and lots of cute pubs around that creates a cosy and fun atmosphere.
The clinic feeds into our Kensington 24-Hour Hospital where out-of-hours care is managed by our dedicated night team, and we have an ambulance service within the region to support with hospitalising patients.