Registered Veterinary Nurse (Maternity Cover)
We are looking for an experienced, organised, and enthusiastic Registered Veterinary Nurse to join the team at our fantastic hospital based in Southend for a period of Maternity cover.
As part of the nursing team, you will be responsible for a variety of nursing duties as well as sharing best practices with your team and helping to support and develop the student nurses in your practice.
The role will involve all aspects of nursing and provides you with the opportunity to develop nursing clinics and use your initiative to promote new ideas with full support being provided by the nursing team.
This is a full-time fixed-term position, covering 40 hours a week over 5 days. This shift pattern includes 1:6 full weekends and a fair share of on-call and Bank Holiday shifts
Salary and benefits:
- - Fantastic Salary of £30,000 per annum depending on experience
- - Generous CPD allowance and in-house CPD available
- - Ongoing training is provided as relevant to your role
- - RCVS and VDS fees paid
- - 5 weeks of paid annual leave
- - Exclusive company discounts and rewards
- - A friendly, supportive environment within a rewarding role
Skills and experience:
- - You must be a Veterinary Nurse who is registered with the RCVS
- - Previous experience working in a small animal practice is required
- - Experience in a hospital setting is preferred but not essential
The equipment and services at 24-Hour Southend include flexible and rigid endoscopy, a well-equipped in-house laboratory (including blood gases and clotting profiles), a high-spec ultrasound machine, CT imaging, and digital x-ray. This hospital has a strong team of vets with a broad skill range and a high level of nursing care.
The practice is based next to London Southend Airport. It is also a 15-minute drive away from the famous Southend Pier, which is surrounded by a multitude of shops, restaurants, bars, and shopping centres.