Passionate & Talented Veterinary Surgeon
- RCVS Accredited, standalone small animal practice based in Airdrie, Scotland
- Full-time veterinary surgeon with at least 1 years’ experience, with a bias towards surgery (though not essential)
- £35-65k+ depending on experience, no OOH
Our established small animal practice has a fantastic opportunity for a forward thinking and ambitious veterinary surgeon to join our friendly and professional team. Our focus is on looking after you so you can concentrate on doing what you do best, looking after clients and their pets!
Our practice has flourished since opening in 2012, making us the go to practice in the local area, with a large and loyal client base. We have been RCVS PSS accredited at General Practice level since opening and do all the things you would expect a busy small animal practice to do. Our welcoming, enthusiastic, forward-thinking team of 3 vets, 4 RVN’s and
5 client care advisors all contribute to clinical protocols and practice procedures during monthly clinical and practice meetings. We take pride in our culture built on communication, support and mutual respect and in delivering a consistently high standard of clinical care.
“What I love best about working with Vets4Pets is the fantastic team in Airdrie, making even the worst days enjoyable!”
Lucy McLeod, Vet Surgeon
“I love that I feel excited to come to work every day because I know no matter what the day holds, the team will always pull together to get through it while maintaining the highest standards of patient care!”
Chelsea Faulkner, RVN
Take an online tour around the practice here: See our vets in action!
About You and This Role
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone with at least 1 years’ experience to further develop their career. Although a bias towards surgery is preferable, as an established practice we do see a variety of cases and our wonderful team are here to provide all the support you need to develop your own interests.
The role will require:
- Quality first opinion diagnostic skills
- Exceptional client communication skills that convey diagnoses and evidence-based treatment plans in an easily understandable and professional way
- Being confident in routine soft tissue surgery
- Tailored, patient-centric preventative care advice
Qualities important to us:
- An ability to build rapport with clients, their pets and your fellow team members
- Maintaining a positive and supportive approach at all times
- Patience, kindness and compassion, especially in challenging situations
- The confidence to own tasks and responsibilities, and deliver positive outcomes
- Striving to continue to learn and never stop sharing knowledge
- Trusting your knowledge, your colleagues and your common sense
Airdrie is a small suburban town, located in the central belt of Scotland with excellent transport links to both Edinburgh and Glasgow. In addition, the beautiful southern Highlands are just a short drive north of the town providing endless opportunities to engage in cultural, historic and outdoor pursuits.
A friendly, supportive, and professional environment in which you can thrive and a team who will always be there for you! We offer 20 minutes for non-routine consults, ‘catch-up time’ after appointments, twice daily well-being breaks and protected admin time giving you the chance to work up cases effectively and take care of yourself. In addition to this:
- £35-65k+ depending on experience, no OOH
- Flexible hours
- Visa sponsorship for international candidates
- Relocation package considered if required
- Professional subscriptions & memberships
- Contributory workplace pension
- Generous CPD allowance & support, with regular in-house training
- Exclusive company discounts plus 20% off Vets4Pets, Pets at Home and the Groom Room
- 5.6 weeks holiday PLUS your birthday off (including presents from the team!)
- Fully funded annual Christmas party and bonus
- Monthly Tea & Cake break when we close the door to clients for an hour!
This is an amazing opportunity to join an experienced and established team.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please contact the practice manager, Lynn Knipe, for more information or an informal chat on 01236 756595 or email your CV and covering letter via the apply button. firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively, you can apply online at https://www.vets4petscareers.com/job-vacancies/veterinary-