Lead Veterinary Surgeon - Long Sutton
We’re a community of passionate veterinary professionals committed to providing truly exceptional care. We’re set on building something extraordinary: creating the most forward-thinking and innovative place in the veterinary industry.
We’re always looking for people who aspire to stand out in their field, and it’s this vision and enthusiasm that forms the foundation of how we work.
Our mission to deliver progressive, around the clock care means our employees have the very best equipment and treatment options available, including in-house MRI machines and state-of-the-art operating theatres.
We provide ongoing support to our teams, both in practice and through our dedicated training centre. This empowers you to get the very best from our advanced equipment while being on your journey to veterinary excellence.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced, passionate Lead Veterinary Surgeon to lead our friendly team at our Long Sutton practice.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who would like to really make this practice their own.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3 years' UK small animal practice (or UK equivalent) experience. You must have a client-oriented approach and excellent communication skills, work to a very high standard both medically and surgically and have the drive and ambition to help develop this practice further.
In return we will provide an excellent career progression and work life balance and fantastic packages. We provide all of this whilst you continue to develop your career and get the most job satisfaction. You will have the chance to make this practice the true heart of the community, not just in location but also in spirit!
Excellent package available including:
- package up to £60,000 dependent on experience
- £1,500 CPD allowance with 3 days’ CPD leave and in-house CPD training
- VDS, RCVS and BVA fees paid
- 4 day working week
- 5 weeks annual leave plus bank holidays
- Fantastic career progression
Branch Partnership opportunities within this practice are also available where you can own part of the clinic, have complete clinical freedom whilst receiving full support from the wider Medivet network.
Skills and experience:
An experienced vet (3 years + UK experience) who is able to perform most standard surgeries and manage complex medical cases.
• A good leader who is excited by the opportunity of developing other veterinary surgeons, new graduates and a nursing team.
• An individual who is excited by the prospect of a challenge and is keen to use their skills to advance the practice and the team.
• An organised individual who is confident in using computer programmes such as Word, Outlook, Excel and Teams.
• An individual who demonstrates initiative
• It would be desirable that the individual has managed teams before.
Our Long Sutton practice has a loyal friendly client base and we see a varied caseload.
The practice is situated in the beautiful Lincolnshire/Norfolk border with easy access to many outdoor activities and beauty spots. Our branch comes well-equipped with digital x-rays, dental facilities, ultrasound, in-house laboratory and much more!