Head of Haematology
1 day left
Role: Head of Haematology
Location: Poulton le Fylde, Lancashire
Hours: Permanent, Monday to Friday 8am-5pm, 40 hours per week
Salary: Competitive, flexible, depending on experience
VF Recruitment are proud to be the recruitment partner for this wonderful laboratory based in Lancashire.
They are looking for someone with experience in this field to head up their Haematology department, with immediate effect. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to make an advanced move in their career, or perhaps someone looking to diversify.
Our client is as an independent veterinary diagnostic laboratory, that are dedicated to the improvement of animal health through direct support of veterinary practices in the UK and worldwide. They have been delivering service for over 30 years, an established and trusted organisation.
Experience is required for this role, in either the Veterinary, and/or Healthcare sector.
- Responsible for the organisation of the laboratory staff to deal with workload demands in the Haematology department, liaising with the Operations Manager as necessary.
- Responsible for the recruitment and HR issues of departmental staff including training, discipline, wage sheets, welfare, PDR and safety of all staff to ensure optimal staff performance.
- Responsible for Health and Safety requirements with safe working practices in compliance with the Health and safety at Work Act, in cooperation with the Health and Safety officer of the laboratory and staff, to ensure legal requirements are met and there is a clean, safe working environment.
- Works as part of the laboratory site management team in order to execute the efficient operation of the laboratory and works standardisation of procedures across sites.
- Examination of Blood smears, including WBC and RBC abnormalities.
- Operation of the ADVIA 2120 Haematology analyser, including maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Produces and maintains a training plan for their team providing for training requirements and facilities and maintains staff training records to ensure their staff are adequately trained for efficient running of the laboratory.
- Establishes and validates methods of examination of samples, liaising with the Operations Manager, Laboratory Manager, Quality Manager and customer facing teams as necessary to ensure best practice for sample handling and analysis.
- Responsible for the production and maintenance of written Standard Operating Procedures and compliance with these to ensure the quality of results.
- Performing method reviews to ensure the most appropriate standards are in use and that the methods are continuing to fulfil the needs of the client.
- Understands the requirements of laboratory customers and incorporates these into the operation of the department.
- Supervises the maintenance schedules and records of service and daily monitoring records of equipment and the environment to ensure equipment is functioning correctly and results produced are accurate.
- Supervises the stocks of reagents and consumables and their correct storage, and monitors work flow assisting where necessary to ensure smooth running of the laboratory.
- Supervises and monitors performance in external and internal quality assurance schemes.
- Oversees the day-to-day management of departments, including validating and reporting of results.
What you will need:
- Degree or HNC in appropriate subject.
- Minimum of 5 years relevant laboratory experience.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, written and verbal.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Problem solving ability.
- Demonstrates a detailed understanding of the important elements of laboratory diagnostic testing.
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to multi-task.
- Computer literate.
- Highly customer focused.
- Highly motivated.
- Challenges, questions practice and improves.
- Performance and quality.
- Team player.
- 33 days paid holiday (including bank holidays)
- Extra holidays for long service
- Life assurance benefit
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free on-site parking and Wi-Fi
- A 24/7 confidential employee assistance programme – offering a range of support services to help you to resolve difficulties in your home life
- Savings related share option plan
- Christmas Hampers
- Eye-sight vouchers for VDU users
- Enhanced company pension scheme
To apply for this vacancy or request more information please send your CV in application to VF Recruitment.
Please Note: When it come to your privacy, at VF Recruitment – we take it seriously.
All you need to know is that when you apply, we will process your details with the utmost care, we pass on your application for the clients review for the vacancy you have applied for only. We may contact you via telephone/text/email in regards to the vacancy, but your data is held and processed in accordance of your application for the vacancy, in terms of recruitment fulfilment.
If you have any pre-application questions please contact us first, just let us know the job reference, Thanks and Good luck, VF Recruitment.
Apply for Head of Haematology
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Practice Laboratory animals Clinical £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in Poulton-Le-Fylde
- Industry Laboratory animals Clinical £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in Poulton-Le-Fylde
- Research Institute Laboratory animals Clinical £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in Poulton-Le-Fylde
- Laboratory Laboratory animals Clinical £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in Poulton-Le-Fylde