Medivet Sutton-on-Hull is recruiting for a veterinary surgeon to join our friendly, dedicated, and supportive team.
The ideal candidate will need to be a qualified MRCVS, already have good experience gained in small animal practice, be competent in clinical examination and surgery, and be confident working in sole charge or as part of a wider team.
This role is full-time, working up to 4 days per week plus 1:3 Saturdays or 1:6 full weekends. Part-time applications will also be considered.
Salary of up to £65,259 PA, including:
- - Accommodation Allowance
- - Company vehicle or vehicle allowance
- - CPD allowance
- - Payment of RCVS, VDS & BVA fees
- - Relocation package of up to £2000
- - 3 days of paid CPD to leave per year
- - 5 weeks annual leave plus bank holidays per annum
- - 4-day week plus 1:3 half or 1:6 full weekend
- - Pension scheme
- - Paid sabbatical after five years’ service
- - Funded Certificate opportunities
- - Annual pay reviews
- - Additional paid leave for exceptional attendance
- - Colleague purchase scheme
- - Enhanced maternity/paternity leave
- - Hapibenefits – Receive a range of discounts on your shopping, entertainment, and meals out
- - 24-hour access to wellbeing and employee assistance program
We can support Certificates of Sponsorship for a Tier 2 (General) Visa if you meet the criteria and are eligible to register as a veterinary surgeon with the RCVS upon arrival in the UK. With current Covid19 regulations, we will offer relocation and quarantine support for entering the UK.
Medivet is growing rapidly and it is an exciting time to join us - we encourage growth and development within our roles and are truly committed to helping our Medivet family members achieve their goals.
- - Medical competence (to the level required by the specific role, including clinical
examinations, lifting and moving animals, diagnosing disease, and prescription
and handling of drugs)
- - Surgical competence (to the level required by the specific role)
Sole Charge experience
- - UK small animal practice experience
- - Familiarity and compliance with relevant legislation
- - Mediation experience
- - Suitable attitude to commission/charging for work done
- - Demonstrable ability to work in a team / lead a team (as appropriate to role)
Skills and experience:
- - A qualified MRCVS already has good experience gained in small animal practice
Chestnut House Veterinary Centre is a modern small animal practice built in a stunning Georgian manor house. The safety, health, and wellbeing of both patients and clients are the main priority. The practice has a long-standing staff team that generates the family feel of the clinic, our clients are pleased to see familiar friendly faces when they visit.
The practice is built around the founder's central themes of compassion and ethical treatments alongside a passion for providing the best medicine and surgery for patients whilst providing sympathy and understanding for clients.