An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Ward Veterinary Surgeon to join our Kensington 24-Hour Hospital.
This role plays a crucial part in our hospital, supported by a dedicated Ward RVN to manage inpatient care and medical work-ups.
It would suit a medicine certificate holder or someone with an interest in imaging.
Kensington has a great team, led by Branch Partners Tom, Saul, and Peter. The hospital is light and spacious and provides a really nice environment to work in, it's also right next to Hyde Park, ideal for spending lunchtime in the sunshine over the upcoming Summer months!
Joining our national network of veterinary surgeons at Medivet offers exceptional opportunities for career development while enjoying a very competitive salary package.
Competitive remuneration package depending on experience to include:
- - 5 weeks' annual leave plus bank holidays
- - 4 weeks' paid sabbatical (after every 5 years of service)
- - Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Pay
- - £1,500 CPD Allowance plus 3 days CPD leave (FTE)
- - RCVS, BVA and VDS fees paid
- - Vehicle allowance or Company Vehicle
- - Accommodation allowance
- - Access to Wellbeing support and EAP programme
- - Access to a wide range of discounts for days out, high street, and holidays.
- - 100% attendance bonus schemes
- - 1-day 'Pet'ernity Leave
- -Responsibility for inpatient management and medical workup of patients in your care
- -Work alongside ward nurses to provide exceptional patient care
- -Some consults are required as part of this role, but are predominantly responsible for inpatient care and internal transfers of patients to the hospital for further investigations and treatment
Medivet Kensington is a fantastic, purpose-built hospital in Central London.
The hospital is excellently equipped with digital x-ray, laparoscopic stack system, dental x-ray full in-house lab, ultrasound, separate dog and cat wards, isolation, and two operating theatres - we also have a staff area and kitchenette.
The clinic is located close to Kensington Gardens and Hyde Park, with plenty of nice cafes and a 5-minute walk from Gloucester Road tube station and multiple nearby bus routes.
Here, we take internal patient transfers from our surrounding London clinics and our dedicated night team manages all out-of-hours care. We also have an ambulance service to support with hospitalisation of patients.