The Ballarat Veterinary Practice (BVP) in Victoria, Australia, has been providing high quality and personalised veterinary care to the Ballarat and surrounding community for over 75 years. Due to significant business growth, we are seeking a mature and experienced veterinarian to join our team.
Our business is centred on four core values: Compassion, Respect, Professionalism and Teamwork. Your ability to embody these values is of great importance to us, and as such will be a priority in the selection process. The staff at BVP pride themselves on providing an environment that encourages quality and excellence in all we do, therefore your personality, and fit within our team’s culture is paramount.
BVP is the first and only veterinary business in Australia to be accredited by the Australian Veterinary Association as an Employer of Choice. Our focus on employee engagement, and workplace culture is second to none.
About the role
We seek a Small Animal Veterinarian to join our team. The role will extend well past routine consultations, vaccinations and de-sexings, and will provide the right applicant with access to interesting and challenging cases with manageable caseloads and a fair work-life balance. The key elements of the role are:
- A high proficiency for companion animal preventative care
- Continuing our work in building client relationships through improving the companion animal bond
- Understanding the role of a team in getting results
What you’ll need to succeed
To be successful in this role, you will be a self-starter who shows strong initiative and is able to demonstrate:
- A strong alignment with our company values: Compassion, Respect, Teamwork and Professionalism
- Five or more years of proven experience in a clinic environment is preferred, although veterinarians with less years of experience are encouraged to apply
- Dedication to delivering excellent client service and communication
- Genuine compassion for pets, fellow team members and our customers
- An enquiring and inquisitive mind with a dedication to continuing education and sharing knowledge
- Flexibility and adaptability to the approach to the working day and receptiveness to change
- An understanding that attention to detail and documentation is as essential as great diagnostic expertise
What you’ll get in return
This role offers you the opportunity to work within one of Australia's premier veterinary clinics, among a team of dedicated and committed professionals.
You’ll enjoy a wide range of benefits including:
- The opportunity to work in the first clinic in Australia to achieve the Australian Veterinary Association's Employer of Choice Accreditation.
- Generous base salary dependent on experience
- Paid AVA membership
- Highly supportive environment, in a dynamic group comprising of six clinics
- A true eight-day fortnight with no on-call requirement. That’s right, you get three whole days off per week to spend time exploring what our major regional town of Ballarat has to offer. For more on that, we encourage you to take a look at this video that depicts life in beautiful, picturesque Ballarat.
- An encouraging learning environment with an annual CPD allowance of $2,000
- Regular in-house journal club
- One week additional paid leave per annum for study/conferences
- Modern equipment and facilities
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program
- Health and wellness initiatives
- And… free parking, uniform allowance, staff discounts, opportunities to be involved in charitable/community based initiatives, and a fun and sociable team of workmates!
If you would like to view a video which depicts what it’s like to work in our clinics, please click HERE
If you wish to apply for this position, please forward your resume and cover letter specifically highlighting why you believe this is an ideal role for you, to email@example.com , marked to the attention of Claire McAteer.