Veterinary Surgeon - Alfreton 24 Hour Hospital, Derbyshire
We are looking for a day time Veterinary Surgeon to join our 24 hour Hospital at Alfreton, which has a team of dedicated night surgeons.
The hospital is close to the Peak District and is the main Hub for the Nottingham region Medivet Practices. The team is led by the two Branch Partners and includes certificate holders in surgery and cardiology, plus vets studying for medicine, surgery, ECC and ophthalmology.
This role is full time working 4 days per week plus 1 in 3 Saturdays or 1 in 6 full weekends, and the on-call rota is shared out equally. Part-time applications will also be considered.
Salary and benefits
- Salary package up to £60,000, depending on experience, which includes a CPD allowance of £1,500 plus 3 days CPD leave per annum.
- RCVS, VDS, BVA fees paid.
- 5 weeks annual leave plus bank holidays.
- Certificate opportunities paid for by us.
- 5 weeks annual leave plus bank holidays per annum.
- 4 weeks sabbatical for every 5-year service.
- 24 hour access to wellbeing and employee assistance programme.
- Long service awards.
As qualified MRCVS, you’ll already have good experience gained in small animal practice. You’ll be competent in clinical examination and surgery and confident working sole charge or as part of the wider team. Sharing our values being trustworthy, caring and progressive, you will have all the softer skills essential to working effectively, building trusting relationships with your colleagues and clients.
Further education and development of colleagues is actively encouraged and a certificate can be supported for the successful candidate.
You must be a Veterinary Surgeon registered with the RCVS.
We can also support Certificates of Sponsorship for a Tier 2 (General) Visa if you meet the criteria and are eligible to register as a veterinary surgeon with the RCVS upon arrival in the UK. With current Covid19 regulations we will offer relocation and quarantine support entering the UK.